2/28/24 Game 9: FGCU 5-3 L

So we got youngin’s like this last RHP sitting that actually have P5 stuff and now we decide to pick him??

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ya kinda surprised by that response I got...not sure how anyone can say they are good to this point in the season and they are mostly guys who haven't played beyond this season
Yep. Scinta is the only proven commodity and he’s struggled since late last year.

This benefits us but not sure why they can review that, the ump miscalled it, and FGCU gets punished for it. Seems odd.

Advertisement
Yep. Scinta is the only proven commodity and he’s struggled since late last year.
I just don’t understand some decisions. The last RHP had P5 stuff. Why isn’t he getting burn earlier in a competitive game? Is Arteaga’s man crush for lefties going to be equivalent to Morris and 2 strike counts?

These umpires - break for us but that's terrible. Catcher knew it bounced though - just throw to 1st.

Advertisement
We have some highly touted players, but the performance as a whole is mediocre at best.

It just looks like a bunch of young players trying to figure it out at the plate and on the mound.

Outside of our weekend starting pitching, I have no idea which arms are reliable for ACC play.

This weekend will be a huge barometer for ACC play and the remainder of the season. Will they be competitive or will they get overmatched.

It's just hard to get past the struggles we've seen early in the season.

Advertisement
everyone in the pen has looked good besides Scinta and Olivera. Caba had one really bad inning
Ridiculous if you are basing this off games against NJIT, LIU, FGCU, UCF...none of these dudes are proven at all. Scinta also was fairly decent last yr. So to saw he's the worst of the bunch is also pretty ridiculous

Advertisement
Back