2/27 Bracketology

Scotty3173

Freshman
So some more of the latest 'Bracketologies' are now out... Some more surprises regarding UM.

Lunardi...now a #8 seed in the West (Gonzaga #1 ) playing #9 Xavier. So the win over Duke was only good for a change in region. UVa is #5 in the East. If they do get a 8...I hope that this is the region with that #1 fraud.

CBS/Palm...#8 in the Midwest (Kansas #1 ) playing #9 Michigan.

USA Today...#7 in the South (UNC #1 ) playing #1 0 Middle Tennessee St.

Bleacher Report #8 in the Midwest (Kansas #1 ) playing #9 Northwestern.

Team Rankings...still at #33 , a #9 seed.

Ken Pom...still at #29 .

Gary Parrish does not have them ranked in the CBS Top 25 and 1...shocking. But USC and OK St. are ranked. Barf.

I think that the Lunardi projection is the biggest insult. A win over the #1 0/11 team and all they get is a region change??? And they get sent out to the West??? Seriously...this team has no bad losses this season...they are being completely undervalued.

Advertisement
I'm okay being in the 7-8 seed range given the depth of the ACC. We can compete with anyone as shown by the Duke and UNC wins. That being said, I will be thoroughly disappointed if the team is sent out west.

Advertisement
I'm okay being in the 7-8 seed range given the depth of the ACC. We can compete with anyone as shown by the Duke and UNC wins. That being said, I will be thoroughly disappointed if the team is sent out west.

As long as Gonzaga is the #1 seed in the West...I have no problem with the committee shipping them out there.

So we were a 9 seed before beating UVA and Duke. Those 2 wins moved us up one seed. Makes no sense.

The prognosticators have changed their tunes almost on a daily basis.

At first, all UM had to do was to beat Virginia Tech. Done.

Then that turned into having to beat Georgia Tech and Clemson. Done

Then it was stated that they had to beat UVa to really lock up the spot. Done.

Then I heard Saturday that they were still "firmly on the bubble" and had to beat Duke to lock it up. Done.

And after doing all of that, according to Lunardi, they moved from a 9...to an 8 in the East...to an 8 in the West.

Miami losses...Iowa State, Florida, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Wake, Duke, FSU, Louisville. Not one bad loss in that group...everyone a Tourney team. Even Wake is predicted in the field on a couple of sites. There is absolutely no respect for this program.

Advertisement
Ive said it before but RPI is so Outdated. So many pundits are still relying on it to rank and slot teams. There's all kinds of examples but lets just take this: Xavier, lossers of 5 straight, 4 of them to unranked teams, and 8-8 in Big East, likely NIT bound, are 9 spots ahead of Miami. Just think about that. This is just 1 example.

Should BPI should replace RPI?

We are #27 in BPI, with our current record, ranking, conference ranking would put us at a solid 7 seed.

Advertisement
Back