2/23 @ Wake Forest (1:00PM on ESPN3)

Consigliere

All-American
Wake Forest is 11-14 (4-9), they are 2-8 in their last 10 and 9-4 at home.

#161 RPI
#76 SOS

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings/rpi/index2
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/sos

First about us, our last two games haven't been the best performances this year but both were Ws. The offense over the last two games has been non-existent. During that span, we have shot 4-26 (15%) from the 3 Point Line, normally we shoot 35% (which includes big Reggie's 3s). Now I understand that the Clemson game was on the road and the UVA game was 2 days after that, so I am happy that we're at least pulling out the Ws by playing defense and rebounding.

Second, I don't care about Wake Forest in any way. They suck, their team is Harris and McKie who average about 30 points. Yes the game is on the road, but this well rested Miami team should destroy them by 15+.

Finally, let's go canes!

Advertisement
It's on regular TV too. It's on Fox Sports South, channel 649 on Direct TV. Normally a game like this scares me, but the team is due to beat someone down, and Wake just happens to be in the way.

What kills me is that they beat UVA and NC State this year. I have no idea how.

I think we destroy them this Saturday. Just imagine if we hit some three's.

With Wake falling to GT at home their last game and them having a week off to rest and prepare, I expect them to hang around throughout.

Wake fans aren't too confident:

In my opinion, the best shot in winning the game is for Buzzdelick to get 2 quick technicals and be ejected from the ball game. Better yet if Miami didn't show up that would probably give us the best chance.

Methinks the faint of heart are safe on this one. No nailbiter. "Wait'll next year."

Maybe if we kidnap Larkin and hide him until the game is over.

My thoughts on the Miami game.....makes me think of my favorite TV show --for you old timers. "Andy Griffith Show".
When ole Barney wants to make Ernest T behave and act civil --- he tells Andy he'll straighten him out and teach him some lessons/manners. Wise Andy simply says ...'he'll kill you'.

That's pretty much what I think will happen....they'll kill us.

Advertisement
They've been pretty competitive at home, at least in the sense that they are avoiding blowouts. I expect another single digit victory.

They've been pretty competitive at home, at least in the sense that they are avoiding blowouts. I expect another single digit victory.

I've said it several times now: road blowout wins in the ACC are very rare. I wouldn't be expecting a double digit win (although I'll take it!).

I've said it several times now: road blowout wins in the ACC are very rare. I wouldn't be expecting a double digit win (although I'll take it!).

Are you going to travel up to Winston-Salem to get into a fight with the Wake coach? Or did he take a restraining order out on you?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Are you going to travel up to Winston-Salem to get into a fight with the Wake coach? Or did he take a restraining order out on you?

Bzzz and I made up.

Advertisement
I have a soccer game at 1 (2 est) tomorrow so I am going to miss most of the game. I just hope we are up by 30 points at half so I dont have to worry about it.

With an earnest effort not to come off like an a-hole, I'd like to see them put a dominant performance up on the road.

Advertisement
Back