2/23 Bracketology

The UVa one is the one ****ing me off the most. And not just because we beat them on the road.

We went through this last year when we were reviewing the voters score cards during the season.

Example #1 : We beat Utah, play in a harder conference, yet you had voters discount it (if they actually saw that we beat them) or ignore it and vote them (Utah) higher.

It will be interesting to see how things go from here. We should be ranked today (low 20s) and we certainly are moving in the right direction (whether they acknowledge it or not) during the important time of year.

I think Dorris Burke (sp?) said something interesting during the UVA game. UVA built up a lot of "equity" when they started the way they did. They also were ranked #8 in the pre-season after losing Brogdon, Gill and Tobey, which is/may be tough to explain. I think the combination of the "equity", voters not having much accountability and digging in their heels because of their starting votes are a dangerous combination. This combination explains what you see today.

-

IMO, here are the 4 most possible results with the amount of games remaining (in no particular order).

Possibility #1 [2 More Wins]: If we can split our games this week, win the first game in the tourney, I think you're looking at a team with 5-7 seed (closer to 5).

Possibility #2 [0 More Wins]: If we don't win either of our final games, lose the game in the tourney, I think you're looking at a team with a 7-10 seed (closer to 9).

Possibility #3 [1 More Win]: If we don't win either of our final games, win the first game in the tourney, I think you're looking a team with a 6-9 seed (closer to 7).

Possibility #4 [3 More Wins]: If we can split our games this week, win the first two games in the tourney, I think you're looking a team with a 4-6 seed (closer to 4).

I know, I fought with Gary Parrish on twitter, and then got a mention on his podcast where he called me a student

Advertisement
An 8 seed in today's Lunardi Bracketology. Seems low to me based off our week.

Ridiculous. They don't even have a trending up arrow for us. Only explanation I can think of is they are predicting where we will finish instead of where we would be seeded if tourney started tomorrow.

An 8 seed in today's Lunardi Bracketology. Seems low to me based off our week.

Ridiculous. They don't even have a trending up arrow for us. Only explanation I can think of is they are predicting where we will finish instead of where we would be seeded if tourney started tomorrow.

Ridiculous that we are stuck at #8 in the West bracket with the Gonads...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back