1st season

S

selectsix

For all of the Golden haters please name recent new coaches that have turned around programs in their 1st year that didn't have a Heisman candidate at QB (Brady Hoke) when they arrived on campus. It doesn't happen right away and for those that are ****ing and moaning on emotion right now just dont "get it".

Advertisement
Most people on this board would have wanted Jimmy Johnson fired after the 1984 season and he inherited a team coming off a National Championship and not some dog roster that Golden received. I'm hoping Golden is the guy but don't know for sure but we have to give him at least 3 seasons and maybe even 4 to see if he will truly be the guy to get the program back to a championship level.

Most people on this board would have wanted Jimmy Johnson fired after the 1984 season and he inherited a team coming off a National Championship and not some dog roster that Golden received. I'm hoping Golden is the guy but don't know for sure but we have to give him at least 3 seasons and maybe even 4 to see if he will truly be the guy to get the program back to a championship level.

good to see we have at least 1 fan with perspective

Advertisement
Advertisement
First season , he gets a pass as Jacory at the end there showed us what this team is made of. ******* losers.

Year two better bring more than 6 wins.

Jimbo has the same record in back to back seasons but he is being crowned for some reason

I remember 1984 very well, and after JJ's first season, MANY of us were going, "Oh crap."

But within a few years, we were going, "OH CRAP! YES! YES!"

I think this is the man for the job, obviously this year sucked but he seems like he really wants to do it here.

Advertisement
For all of the Golden haters please name recent new coaches that have turned around programs in their 1st year that didn't have a Heisman candidate at QB (Brady Hoke) when they arrived on campus. It doesn't happen right away and for those that are ****ing and moaning on emotion right now just dont "get it".

Using your approach, it would be fair for us to slam coach Golden if he doesnt have things turned around in year 2, because as we know, there is a decent list of guys who've turned things around in year two. Do you agree?

How's that working out?

Advertisement
Back