1st Lineup of the Season

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium

This is most likely our starting lineup for opening day.

Long is hurt at the moment so Edgardo Moves to CF, Wake Forest Transfer Lucas Costello moves to Edgardo's position RF

Urso i believe got the start because of his experience. He has not done much in the preseason.

Dorian as expected is the DH. He deserves it up to this point.

Advertisement
Dorian has a better glove than Cyr and i imagine from what ive read Cuvet, would think he sees a good chunk of field time if his bat plays

Long is hurt at the moment so Edgardo Moves to CF, Wake Forest Transfer Lucas Costello moves to Edgardo's position RF

Urso i believe got the start because of his experience. He has not done much in the preseason.

We are going to see a lot of mixing and matching with the lineup this season. We have ~12 for 9 and JD will be trying a lot of roles in my view.

Most likely see platoons as well based on handedness of pitchers.

We are going to see a lot of mixing and matching with the lineup this season. We have ~12 for 9 and JD will be trying a lot of roles in my view.

Most likely see platoons as well based on handedness of pitchers.
i prefer it this way, if you have a clean 9 that rolls all through the season i dont think its good for the "team" part of the game

Advertisement
From what I've seen this month, I agree with Mike here that Jimmy > Urso, Dorian should start at 2B and Scanlon should start ahead of Perez:

From what I've seen this month, I agree with Mike here that Jimmy > Urso, Dorian should start at 2B and Scanlon should start ahead of Perez:

Where do you want Cyr?

Where do you want Cyr?
Cyr at DH with Dorian at 2B.

Cyr made some highlight plays last year but also displayed a little Knoblauch with some very weird moments on routine plays. From what I've seen Dorian should definitely be in the lineup. Don't see him as this huge upgrade defensively but he can't stop reaching base. Jimenez over Urso at SS is what I expect will happen eventually but I get wanting to give Urso a chance to prove himself. Long and Villegas should be interchangeable in CF, and same for Perez and Scanlon. Every time I've seen Scanlon he's hitting the ball hard and he looks a little bigger.

Advertisement
Cyr at DH with Dorian at 2B.

Cyr made some highlight plays last year but also displayed a little Knoblauch with some very weird moments on routine plays. From what I've seen Dorian should definitely be in the lineup. Don't see him as this huge upgrade defensively but he can't stop reaching base. Jimenez over Urso at SS is what I expect will happen eventually but I get wanting to give Urso a chance to prove himself. Long and Villegas should be interchangeable in CF, and same for Perez and Scanlon. Every time I've seen Scanlon he's hitting the ball hard and he looks a little bigger.
so you're starting Carrier in OF?

so you're starting Carrier in OF?
I know, man....I know

Was at a scrimmage this month where he embarassingly misplayed a routine fly ball in RF, but if the rumoris are true about his offense coming around then maybe we can get away with stashing him out there.

Advertisement
I know, man....I know

Was at a scrimmage this month where he embarassingly misplayed a routine fly ball in RF, but if the rumoris are true about his offense coming around then maybe we can get away with stashing him out there.
The recent rumors are that he has improved his fielding, that he is a better LF than RF

I know, man....I know

I definitely want him in the Offensive lineup. but yeah, just seen some wild plays from him in the OF...

woof

Advertisement
The recent rumors are that he has improved his fielding, that he is a better LF than RF
Most teams don't have an abundance of LH hitters. So, it makes sense that he'd be better in LF - hard hit balls don't slice as much. I hope he starts there so that Cyr, Cuvet, etc. can DH. Downside is you lose his arm on throws to 3rd base.

Advertisement
Back