1996 Carquest Bowl

I was on college break and back home. Was out with some friends drinking as it was the weekend. Only caught the tail end of the game somewhere. I remember Magic Benton catching a pass. That was about it. Of course, I was glad we won and thought we would be even better the next year. Obviously, I was naive about the impact that the loss of scholarships would have on the team.
 
I was on college break and back home. Was out with some friends drinking as it was the weekend. Only caught the tail end of the game somewhere. I remember Magic Benton catching a pass. That was about it. Of course, I was glad we won and thought we would be even better the next year. Obviously, I was naive about the impact that the loss of scholarships would have on the team.
We were down 11 schollies after 95...and 9 more after the CarQuest Bowl....
 
Sewing my royal oats all over Dade County

david oyelowo GIF by Steve Harvey TV
 
I was on college break and back home. Was out with some friends drinking as it was the weekend. Only caught the tail end of the game somewhere. I remember Magic Benton catching a pass. That was about it. Of course, I was glad we won and thought we would be even better the next year. Obviously, I was naive about the impact that the loss of scholarships would have on the team.
We were rotating Dyral McMillan, Trent Jones, and true freshman Edgerrin James at RB in order to avoid more injuries.
 
Back
Top