1992 Miami Hurricanes vs Florida State Highlights

Advertisement
giphy (1).gif

Advertisement
I recorded the game way back when. I can't tell you how many times I watched that game. Such a great game with a even better ending.

Advertisement
I recorded the game way back when. I can't tell you how many times I watched that game. Such a great game with a even better ending.

I still have the tape. I was going to post the entire game to my YouTube channel a few years ago before the NFL and International Olympic Committee combined to zap my channel into oblivion.

This was the middle of three consecutive weeks against some of the best defenses in the country -- hosting Arizona, hosting Florida State and then at Penn State.

Surviving that Penn State game on the third leg of the grueling stretch was one of the most impressive feats of the Canes glory era, IMO. Penn State was actually a small favorite in that game, despite the long Miami winning streak.

Still, I never understood why the Canes were such a favorite over Alabama, given the offensive ineptitude during this 3-game run. We had a combined 826 yards offense in the 3 games and only 44 combined points.

Advertisement
Under today’s system, Miami and FSU would have been rematched in playoffs just about every year.

Advertisement
Back