1989 tape

skillydoo

Junior
1989 was the year I moved from Oklahoma to Miami. It has always been difficult growing up a Cane fan in OK. There was no social media. I didn't have any way of getting Hurricane info other than the occasional media guide. So I packed up my stuff and moved to Miami to be close to my team. Now where did I put that VCR?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 25
Advertisement
1989 was the year I moved from Oklahoma to Miami. It has always been difficult growing up a Cane fan in OK. There was no social media. I didn't have any way of getting Hurricane info other than the occasional media guide. So I packed up my stuff and moved to Miami to be close to my team. Now where did I put that VCR?

Nice! I was fortunate enough to be friends with a few famous canes and attend games standing on the side lines at the Orange bowl

I made it to the Orange Bowl for a regular season game vs. West Virginia. We kicked the crap out of them. I went to the tunnel where the players come out of the smoke. I didn't get a photo. I do have one pic with the scoreboard in the background. Have to dig that one out.

Nice! I was fortunate enough to be friends with a few famous canes and attend games standing on the side lines at the Orange bowl

I never really thought of that before. Growing up in NJ in the late 90's at least the Internet was starting to come around so you could read articles about the Canes.

Advertisement
Miami vs ND games was one of the 5 loudest games ever at the OB
- I was lucky to see every game in the streak and every game was in the WEZ

I grew up with OU football being shoved down my throat. I craved orange and green anything. The only time I got my fix was when Miami was on tv kicking someone's ***. Couldn't just go to the mall and get swag.
I never really thought of that before. Growing up in NJ in the late 90's at least the Internet was starting to come around so you could read articles about the Canes.

Advertisement
Back