1988 Noles beat down

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25719

This was another “mission statement”. When the boys felt disrespected, this was the result. The entire preparation for this game was all business, similar to the Cotton Bowl and Houston game in 91. After practice on Thursday for FSU it was game on! Those three games had a different vibe when you were around the boys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
This was another “mission statement”. When the boys felt disrespected, this was the result. The entire preparation for this game was all business, similar to the Cotton Bowl and Houston game in 91. After practice on Thursday for FSU it was game on! Those three games had a different vibe when you were around the boys!

never get tired of that clip.

Advertisement

Pure domination. A Miami team with attitude and a chip on their shoulder.

Advertisement
I HOPE RHETT DOESNT TAKE THE FOOT OFF. I WILL NEVER FORGET 47-0. THEY CAN
ONLY BEAT US WHEN WE HAVE DOWN YEARS. PAYBACK IS A MF’ER I WANT A MINIMUM OF 45 ON THOSE MF’ERS.

I was in the stands for that one. Lived in Gainesville at the time and drove over.

Will never forget a group of idiot Noles (a bunch of shirtless frat meatheads with WADSWORTH painted on their chest—nine of them each with a letter)—one in particular that just looked over at us laughing and shrugging every time they scored or Miami faltered.

I still have dreams of wanting to whip that clown's ***.

Would love to see a no mercy effort like that out of Miami tomorrow. Nowhere near the same level of drop-off between the two teams in 2020, versus 1997—but with King, that ground game and a defense that can force turnovers against the inept James Blackman—no reason the Canes can't have a 41-17 type of outing.

I was in the stands for that one. Lived in Gainesville at the time and drove over.

Will never forget a group of idiot Noles (a bunch of shirtless frat meatheads with WADSWORTH painted on their chest—nine of them each with a letter)—one in particular that just looked over at us laughing and shrugging every time they scored or Miami faltered.

I still have dreams of wanting to whip that clown's ***.

Would love to see a no mercy effort like that out of Miami tomorrow. Nowhere near the same level of drop-off between the two teams in 2020, versus 1997—but with King, that ground game and a defense that can force turnovers against the inept James Blackman—no reason the Canes can't have a 41-17 type of outing.
YEAH THEY TOOK ADVANTAGE OF US THAT DAY. WE SHOULD RETURN THE FAVOR. THIS GAME IS SO ABOUT MONEY. THEY KNEW WE HAD NO CHAMCE DUE TO THE SCHOLARSHIP REDUCTION. YET THEY MADE IS PLAY TEAMS AT FULL STRENGTH WITH LOADED ROSTERS. THATS WHY WE SHOULD TRULY RETURN THE FAVOR 2MORROW.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What kind of Miami fan says "let it go" to any game, but more importantly a fsu game?!?! Hand in your Canes card immediately, if not sooner!
Those not around during those times have no idea how important Hurricane football was to UM fans and culturally to the whole nation. The UM-FSU rivalry was the tops in the nation, decided a few NCs, and produced some of college football’s classic matchups and greatest players. The two schools were ahead of their time and they are both highly responsible for the college football we have today. Those games were special and the respect each team had for the other is unequalled.

Talking about a game from 32 years ago. Lord, it's time to let it go.
1601074887571.png

Neat them mightily and set them back 5 years. That is what this is About. RECRUITS!

The only thing that has me worried is Manny and some players dancing on the sidelines after doing nothing. What gives me confidence is Lashlee and more importantly King.

Advertisement
Back