1986 v. 2002

86 crushed me. I was 13. Remember it to this day. We're on a mission....I still cannot phathom how that happened.

IIRC, in 2000 Fsu lost to miami, Miami lost to UW and UW lost to Oregon. All were one loss teams

Advertisement
A was a Cane and As fan... Completely forgot it was the same day. Doesn't even sound familiar, but I guess we tend to block bad things like that out, right?
88 hurt too

Most people don't remember that the loss to ND in 1988 was on the same day Kirk Gibson hit his epic home run in the world series. As a lifelong dodgers and UM fan, that was just such a crazy day

A was a Cane and As fan... Completely forgot it was the same day. Doesn't even sound familiar, but I guess we tend to block bad things like that out, right?
88 hurt too

Most people don't remember that the loss to ND in 1988 was on the same day Kirk Gibson hit his epic home run in the world series. As a lifelong dodgers and UM fan, that was just such a crazy day

Yea.... That reminds me of the 2002 nfl and college season.... Both my canes and raiders lost in the final games

I'm glad to see I am not the only who thinks Vinny was paid for the '86 PSU game. I'm sure the mafia made a lot of money that night.

Advertisement
2000 team, easy. We would have embarrassed Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. Oklahoma only put up 13 points against an FSU team we beat earlier that year and we were decimating teams late in the season. Honestly, I think that 2000 team was more talented than the 2001 team which many consider the best college football team ever. It was basically the 2001 team with Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, James Jackson, and Dan Morgan added in! Criminal that we didn't play for the title that year.

88 hurt too

Yea.... That reminds me of the 2002 nfl and college season.... Both my canes and raiders lost in the final games

both screwed by the refs too.

2000 team, easy. We would have embarrassed Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. Oklahoma only put up 13 points against an FSU team we beat earlier that year and we were decimating teams late in the season. Honestly, I think that 2000 team was more talented than the 2001 team which many consider the best college football team ever. It was basically the 2001 team with Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, James Jackson, and Dan Morgan added in! Criminal that we didn't play for the title that year.

That 00 team would've curb stomped OU. Only lost that one game all year. Basically the longest road trip you can make in college football, young QB starting, Moss was on a bad ankle and we still only lost by 5 points.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back