19 WR decisions

canefrank

Redshirt Freshman
With two WR committed out of a potential max of 3 2019 WR recruits. Our coaches are having to make a difficult decision. Put 100% effort on Frank Ladson and allow other studs like John Dunmore to commit to FSU, etc. If we miss on Ladson a lot of us would be upset. But the real time decision is here and now. What do YOU do? I say with the talent we signed in 18 and two 4 stars committed for 19, I wait up on Frank Ladson till signing date (unless he commits elsewhere) even if it means taking 2 WR or a lower rated 4 star player late in the cycle.

Advertisement
I'd like to not wait too long on ladson. try to figure out quickly if there's real interest or we're getting played and move on and get another 4 star kid in the class who wants to be here.

There has to be a spot for Ladson if he wants in.

Not sure if we take Dunmore and drop Fuller or take all 4 but we need to load up on every position on defense.

Advertisement
Recruit Dunmore and Ladson hard. If they both want to come? You laugh at everybody and take both!
Agree here entirely. Everyone is impressed with both, they're both local, why not pursue both hard? Dunmore said FSU was his dream offer? So what?! How many times have we heard that from local kids about UM who end up elsewhere despite our best efforts?

Agree here entirely. Everyone is impressed with both, they're both local, why not pursue both hard? Dunmore said FSU was his dream offer? So what?! How many times have we heard that from local kids about UM who end up elsewhere despite our best efforts?

Remember we only have a limited number of scholies, are loaded at WR, and need help on defense. Ladson is a 5 star type, and good friends with Rique. You got full steam on him.

Advertisement
Remember we only have a limited number of scholies, are loaded at WR, and need help on defense. Ladson is a 5 star type, and good friends with Rique. You got full steam on him.

I am aware of the scholarship limit. I am also aware that you don't only recruit exactly the number of players you need. There need to be other names in case things fall apart with other recruits. Kalani Norris, Jashawn Sheffield, and Kendrell Scurry appear to be some of those names. With all the acclaim surrounding Dunmore, why not him as well? If he has an attitude issue then we obviously avoid him like the plague, but otherwise go after him.

Yeah imo We Recruit Ladson hard and offer Dunmore. Imo Ladson, Payton, and Dunmore > Fuller. Maybe thats just me, but I can see Fuller being pushed out or just straight up not sticking...i mean dude did commit decommit and recommit all in like a day.

Theres only going to be 2 receivers in this class.....

Not if Ladson or Dunmore want in. And Richards may want to start out at offense, too

... I think you keep recruiting both until one signs. If that's early commit week in December, then and only then do you stop at three.

Advertisement
We have to have 3.

Anyone thinking 2 is enough. Will be looking like fools when AR leaves. You have to replace numbers that leave.

AR healthy, with a QB that can function. Will be heading to the next level.

We need to recruit Dunmore on the same level as Ladson. Take one or take em both if that is option later on.

Can't be caught slipping every year waiting on said big fish.

We are loaded at WR because we took as many studs as we could. We can easily make the numbers work for 4 studs WR.

Cant tell me Dugans cant go full steam on more than 1 dude at the same time...

Advertisement
So we don't criticize later. If the bossman MR says 3 WR is the MAX! I don't care the talent level I need other positions on this cycle. SO forgetting 4, if you have to have 3, do you go all in for Ladson, knowing that it might be a huge fight or do we push hard for Dunmore and call it a day if he commits now? These are the decisions our coaches are making. Specially with the quality of WR we have and looking at 2020 and 2021 with tons of talent from down here coming up. My strategy is to wait for Ladson.

Not if Ladson or Dunmore want in. And Richards may want to start out at offense, too

... I think you keep recruiting both until one signs. If that's early commit week in December, then and only then do you stop at three.
Dunmore doesnt have an offer for a reason..

Payton and Ladson are the top 2 targets... There's reason fuller didn't get a visit from coaches during contact period... We took4 in 18 and 3 in 17 .... Check the roster numbers

Payton and Ladson are the top 2 targets... There's reason fuller didn't get a visit from coaches during contact period... We took4 in 18 and 3 in 17 .... Check the roster numbers

You seem to suggest we're not looking at numbers. I think those of us who are saying we should recruit both hard until either or both commit are well aware of the numbers. Sometimes talent trumps numbers. ... But if you want to go there, we're losing 3 with Langham, D Harris and Richards (assuming a good year). So three is fine. And if you get a another 4/5-star who wants in, you overstock by one. We can take at ~28 this year. 4 WRs would not be too imbalanced assuming they're all good.

Advertisement
Back