18' Canes are Florida's team

ShadowSpring

Junior
I don't remember this amount of Florida kids on the squad with 38 of our 51 players on the depth chart being from Florida. On defense Florida athletes dominate the depth chart with 23 of the top 26! Look at our DB's and you'll see 6 of our top 8 are from the 305 alone. Add Palm Beach and Amari Carter and it's 7 of the top 8 db's from SEFL. A good chunk of the OOS kids were not Richt recruits so expect this number to favor Florida players even more moving forward.

O_Depth.png

D_Depth.png

Advertisement
Really warms my heart to see so many studs on both sides of the ball again. We’re on our way to being relevant again consistently, now we’ve got to go out and take care of business as we should - starting with LSU tonight. We do that, and in convincing fashion, then the college football world will know that we’ve arrived again and aren’t going anywhere!

We'll be Florida's team right until we lose to LSU or FSU then they'll go back to acting like UM doesn't exist as they have for 10+ years before Richt got here.

We'll be Florida's team right until we lose to LSU or FSU then they'll go back to acting like UM doesn't exist as they have for 10+ years before Richt got here.

Well then I guess the trick is NOT TO LOSE TO LSU OR FSU.....problem solved.

Advertisement
Is Realus George with the team in Dallas or not? He's not on the depth chart right? So Gray is the FB and 3rd HB for the game?

We have 28 commits in 2019 and 2020 combined. Only 1 player not from Florida. DT from Georgia.

Let me tell you something, anybody who knows how Schnelly and Butch built it, knows what coming and this time its built to last. Just watch till one of the young QBs grow up. Indomitable

Advertisement
We got the West Coast of FL reppin' with the big boy at center, Ty Gauthier.

By the way I watched a DT from Dunbar last Friday night who verbally committed to the U then changed to FSU - they can have him. Our 2nd best OT ate him up, he was mailing it in by the end of the game going through the motions. No loss.

We have 28 commits in 2019 and 2020 combined. Only 1 player not from Florida. DT from Georgia.

Let me tell you something, anybody who knows how Schnelly and Butch built it, knows what coming and this time its built to last. Just watch till one of the young QBs grow up. Indomitable

Butch built it all from Florida? Wayne, Dorsey, McKinney, Shockey, DJ Williams, Romberg, Bibla, Franks, Reed, Sherko, Winslow Jr, and Jamal Green among the all-stars OOS.

Butch built it all from Florida? Wayne, Dorsey, McKinney, Shockey, DJ Williams, Romberg, Bibla, Franks, Reed, Sherko, Winslow Jr, and Jamal Green among the all-stars OOS.

Obviously, it's going to be a mix. You will have to leave S. Florida certain years for certain positions.

But the emphasis should be close to home. I'd look for roughly 50% South FL (Dade, Broward, P Beach). 25% rest of the state. 25% out of state.

Yeah because most clearly said it was built with ALL FL players. We are getting most of the best players, we take what we have in our backyard. Then we go out and get Brevin Jordan from Nevada and Jarren Williams from GA...just like we did those other players from the past. You seem to want to start argument that has no basis in fact

Advertisement
Yeah because most clearly said it was built with ALL FL players. We are getting most of the best players, we take what we have in our backyard. Then we go out and get Brevin Jordan from Nevada and Jarren Williams from GA...just like we did those other players from the past. You seem to want to start argument that has no basis in fact

Well, I shouldn’t have implied ALL, you’re correct. But much of the core of Davis’ best recruits were not from Florida. Davis wasn’t getting the best players in Florida either. Some.

Richt, on the other hand, seems to be cleaning up. As it should be.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back