-18.5 vs clemson

okay let's play a game: Clemson's QB or Luke Nickel? Davis Warren or Clemson QB?

Nickel looks better than Clemson QB. But not so much better he's ready to run the Miami offense.

Warren is 24 so not a very fair comparison. I think he’s better than Nickel rn Nickel may have more upside.
 
Watched a bit more of Clemson last night and this morning. They play a TON of man coverage. A ton.

And I know they have better DBs than Stanford, don’t get me wrong. They have some corners who can cover. But the safeties look like they’re running in sand. The linebackers? Yikes.

How’d Stanford do in man against us??

Buddy.

@Memnon what do you see from this secondary? Because if they play man across the board, from my eyes, we are gonna absolutely COOK.

I really hope this game isn’t played in a driving rainstorm because if we get a dry football and can protect even a little bit, i have no idea how they’re gonna cover us a lick. LSU had guys WIDE OPEN all night. I don’t think anyone can play man against us if Mensah has time to throw the ball, but certainly not the vast majority of this secondary. If it’s dry, I don’t see any way in **** we don’t drop 35 points plus.
They have one of the best CB tandems in CFB.

Ashton Hampton has been one of the top 5 best Lockdown Corners all season & has played himself into a 1st round grade.

Elliott Washington is a good Zone cover corner with Ballhawking ability.

They match up well on the Outside vs Barkate & Upshaw. We have the advantage obviously in the Slot with Toney vs Corian Gipson. However, they will cover the Slot by committee with Ronan Hanafin, Gipson & Corey Myrick.

The passing game for us will come down to our WR's being able to win one on one. I think we need to spread the ball around & utilize Van Jacobs early on in underneath Drag routes to open up the rest of the field.

They’re going to sit back in 2-High & play Man on the Outside, while bringing pressure through the A&B gaps with their LB's. A quick passing attack makes everything else easier.

They're going to sell out to stop the Inside Zone runs & try to make us throw Deep. The intermediate passing game is where we can break open their Defense by attacking the seams at the hashes. Hence why having a receiving TE would be perfect for this game, but I digress.

It'll be the first challenge for Barkate & Upshaw given they haven't faced a CB duo of this caliber yet. Clemson & Stanford's Defenses are in two totally different Solar Systems, they're not even close. If they can prove to win those matchups then the field will be wide open.

What I'm watching for most in the 1st half is how they gameplan against Toney. We've put on film in the first 4 games that we pretty much have a Toney quota that we feed him early & often. He gets more passes on 1st down than any other WR in CFB, so if you're a DC, it's kinda hard not to see that on film, the question becomes what can they do about it? So far, the answer has been a resounding NOTHING. I'm just curious to see which DC is going to craft a gameplan into slowing him down, where they commit to not letting Toney beat them & just live with the other WR's having the opportunity.

I already made my prediction, we win 38-13 by my view. So as long as we don't play right into their hands.
 
They have one of the best CB tandems in CFB.

Ashton Hampton has been one of the top 5 best Lockdown Corners all season & has played himself into a 1st round grade.

Elliott Washington is a good Zone cover corner with Ballhawking ability.

They match up well on the Outside vs Barkate & Upshaw. We have the advantage obviously in the Slot with Toney vs Corian Gipson. However, they will cover the Slot by committee with Ronan Hanafin, Gipson & Corey Myrick.

The passing game for us will come down to our WR's being able to win one on one. I think we need to spread the ball around & utilize Van Jacobs early on in underneath Drag routes to open up the rest of the field.

They’re going to sit back in 2-High & play Man on the Outside, while bringing pressure through the A&B gaps with their LB's. A quick passing attack makes everything else easier.

They're going to sell out to stop the Inside Zone runs & try to make us throw Deep. The intermediate passing game is where we can break open their Defense by attacking the seams at the hashes. Hence why having a receiving TE would be perfect for this game, but I digress.

It'll be the first challenge for Barkate & Upshaw given they haven't faced a CB duo of this caliber yet. Clemson & Stanford's Defenses are in two totally different Solar Systems, they're not even close. If they can prove to win those matchups then the field will be wide open.

What I'm watching for most in the 1st half is how they gameplan against Toney. We've put on film in the first 4 games that we pretty much have a Toney quota that we feed him early & often. He gets more passes on 1st down than any other WR in CFB, so if you're a DC, it's kinda hard not to see that on film, the question becomes what can they do about it? So far, the answer has been a resounding NOTHING. I'm just curious to see which DC is going to craft a gameplan into slowing him down, where they commit to not letting Toney beat them & just live with the other WR's having the opportunity.

I already made my prediction, we win 38-13 by my view. So as long as we don't play right into their hands.

Appreciate it. I liked what you said the other day about Briggs. I just don’t like what I see in athleticism and coverage from the middle of their defense. Agree on the outside, they’re **** good. So let’s get Briggs on linebackers and safeties. I feel like they’re going to play 2-high man almost every snap like you, and they’re gonna tell Dawson our corners will take away Upshaw and Coop. And then all the attention in the middle is on Toney. It won’t work, as we know. He’s gonna eat regardless. But with man on the outside and Toney occupying so many eyes in the middle, let’s get the TEs and backs vertical.

I don’t remember a single RB target beyond the LOS through 4 games. We know he has it in the bag, Pringle did it last year. Let’s get in those 2 back sets and let him get on the edge against a backer while the corners have their backs turned in man and everyone else looking at Toney while still respecting Fletcher. I feel like we can get in advantageous matchups big time with the TEs and Backs this week.
 
Another one of those no-win games for Miami.

We blow them out, and it's "this is a bad, rebuilding Clemson team. Miami still hasn't played a tough schedule."

Its somewhat close, "Maybe this Miami team isn't as good as some thought."

Also, the majority of the broadcast will be spent glazing Dabo and saying how anyone thinking he should call it quits is insane. I guarantee, they will spend the vast majority of the broadcast doing a retrospective on Dabo's career.

Miami will receive no credit for this game.
None of that matters is we do what we’re suppose to do. Ie 11-1 or better with a Conference championship.
Exactly. If we get down to needing style points, it’s already gone off the rails.
 
Ashton Hampton getting high draft praise from Jordan Reid

i

13.​

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 205

Hampton is a physically imposing cornerback who strives to humiliate receivers at the line of scrimmage by getting his hands on them. Since most receivers struggle to untangle from his coverage, he would be ideal for press man coverage schemes at the next level. Hampton is also a forceful tackler on the perimeter, with lots of knockback strength when coming into contact with ball carriers. But he does need to be more disciplined with his timing in coverage.

Stats through Sept. 30: 10 tackles, one interception for 2 yards, seven passes defensed, 22.7% completion percentage allowed
 
I need us to absolutely put some BTA in this game. Clemson fans talking absolutely crazy on twitter this last week. Genuinely can't stand them. Not quite as high on my hate list as UF,FSU, ND and OSU but they're getting close for me in terms of hate levels.
 
Back
Top