-18.5 vs clemson

One nonsensical thing I’ve been thinking about:

Is this the week we really turn it on and start to play national championship football from opening kick to final whistle?

Hear me out. And trust me, I know this is silly. But I don’t know about you guys, but this season has sucked for me this far. Watching this team play football is the epicenter of my life, as utterly pathetic as that is to admit as a grown man with a career and family. But it’s true. So I’ve obviously been excited that we’re playing ball, it’s football season, we’re playing games, etc. But the year really has had no juice for me at all. Not one of these games has really moved the needle in the least bit to this point. I know Mario is an intense dude, the practices are intense, he doesn’t accept complacency, or mediocrity. All that stuff. You can’t play football half-assed. I get all that. But I just wonder, even subconsciously, if the kids kind of feel the same way? We’ve been a 21+ point favorite in every game. And yes, I know Clemson sucks, and the line is big again. But it’s still Clemson. That logo still gets your attention. It’s our first Saturday night, primetime game, coast to coast national TV, marquee contest.

Am I totally insane for thinking that maybe this is one we *really* get up for and it has our full, full attention. We have a bye next week. There’s nothing on the immediate horizon to look forward to. Again, I know this is dumb and pie in the sky optimism, but a part of me thinks this team is finally ready to explode against a “name brand” opponent and we see the full potential Saturday night. We usually get up pretty well to play in big games. Maybe we actually treat this like one and put on a massive show and really open some eyes on Saturday night in front of the whole country.

The other games in primetime are ***. ESPN has BYU @ TCU. Fox has Texas Tech @ Colorado. ESPN2 has Arkansas @ Texas A&M. NBC has Washington @ USC. We are, by far, the biggest and best show in town. Every person who isn’t a vested fan of the teams above will have Miami on the main screen.

How bout Mario gets these boys to go out and put on a display for the world that we are, unmistakably, not to be ****ed with?
Would love this scenario!
 
One nonsensical thing I’ve been thinking about:

Is this the week we really turn it on and start to play national championship football from opening kick to final whistle?

Hear me out. And trust me, I know this is silly. But I don’t know about you guys, but this season has sucked for me this far. Watching this team play football is the epicenter of my life, as utterly pathetic as that is to admit as a grown man with a career and family. But it’s true. So I’ve obviously been excited that we’re playing ball, it’s football season, we’re playing games, etc. But the year really has had no juice for me at all. Not one of these games has really moved the needle in the least bit to this point. I know Mario is an intense dude, the practices are intense, he doesn’t accept complacency, or mediocrity. All that stuff. You can’t play football half-assed. I get all that. But I just wonder, even subconsciously, if the kids kind of feel the same way? We’ve been a 21+ point favorite in every game. And yes, I know Clemson sucks, and the line is big again. But it’s still Clemson. That logo still gets your attention. It’s our first Saturday night, primetime game, coast to coast national TV, marquee contest.

Am I totally insane for thinking that maybe this is one we *really* get up for and it has our full, full attention. We have a bye next week. There’s nothing on the immediate horizon to look forward to. Again, I know this is dumb and pie in the sky optimism, but a part of me thinks this team is finally ready to explode against a “name brand” opponent and we see the full potential Saturday night. We usually get up pretty well to play in big games. Maybe we actually treat this like one and put on a massive show and really open some eyes on Saturday night in front of the whole country.

The other games in primetime are ***. ESPN has BYU @ TCU. Fox has Texas Tech @ Colorado. ESPN2 has Arkansas @ Texas A&M. NBC has Washington @ USC. We are, by far, the biggest and best show in town. Every person who isn’t a vested fan of the teams above will have Miami on the main screen.

How bout Mario gets these boys to go out and put on a display for the world that we are, unmistakably, not to be ****ed with?
I just find it hard to see that happening and fully expect the Cardiac Canes to take the field or show up at some point. How long have we heard the "worst pass/run offense/defense, new/old QB who has never completed a forward pass" just completely go out the window and they show up close to record numbers comparatively?

However, I would absolutely love the above to happen. Even if we don't cover the spread and it ends up being 35-21 final score maybe with them scoring a garbage time TD would be awesome. I would love to see us put them away like we should have with Wake.
 
We’ll dissect this non-stop until Saturday afternoon, but the forecast has been steadily improving over the last 48 hours. Went from biblical, to nasty, to just kinda rainy as of now.

Half inch of rain throughout the entire day. There’s definitely a chance it continues to push and we don’t see much rain at all until after the game. Friday and early Saturday look completely perfect right now.
 
Im not concerned with their running game.

Clemson will absolutely be able to shred us through the air unless their passing attack is worse than FAMU and Central Michigan.

Their defense is also well coached so I'd hope to get the proper starters on the O line solidified or Mensah will be taking some hits.

Game that we should win easily but we'll be in it to the end.
I feel like with the weather and their true freshman qb if they shred us in the air we have serious problems.
 
I just find it hard to see that happening and fully expect the Cardiac Canes to take the field or show up at some point. How long have we heard the "worst pass/run offense/defense, new/old QB who has never completed a forward pass" just completely go out the window and they show up close to record numbers comparatively?

However, I would absolutely love the above to happen. Even if we don't cover the spread and it ends up being 35-21 final score maybe with them scoring a garbage time TD would be awesome. I would love to see us put them away like we should have with Wake.

I hear you, but for the most part, that was before we had really good football players all over the roster. I realize it was Game 1, I realize it was on the road, I realize the QB was different. But did anyone really watch that LSU game? I did and I’m being completely serious here, it could have been 70-3. It *should* have been 70-3.

37 first downs to 8. They outgained Clemson by 500 (!!!) yards. Five. Hundred. LSU had more penalties. The turnover margin was equal, both teams had one. Clemson had one score, a field goal, before LSU had literal walk-ons in the game late, and it came after a pick where they got the ball on the LSU 30. LSU did have a pick six, but other than that they didn’t start a single drive in Clemson territory. They missed a field goal. They punted from inside the Clemson 40, TWICE!

One game doesn’t make a season, but they’ve played one team with athletes comparable to ours, and it was probably the most lopsided P4 game I’ve seen all year. They beat UNC by 8, but UNC was down by 1 with the ball at midfield with 2 mins left. They were beating Georgia Southern, at home, 16-7 in the middle of the 4th quarter and GA Southern had the ball on the Clemson 35. This is not a good football team. Like, at all. They have some good players, for sure. But their lines are bad. Like, middle of the ACC bad. Their QB is worse. There’s no reason this game should be close unless we make it close.
 
Don't they have to play on it too?
Imagine being a fan of a team called the Hurricanes and getting nervous about rain.

Will Smith Smh GIF by The Academy Awards
 
If no Weather factor, we would win by 24+

Clemson wont score more than 13 regardless the weather.

So in bad conditions will we score 32+?

If this was 17.5 I think I take the Over. I think this is vegas saying 31-13.

Just defend the run and stop all their short passed within 5 yards or behind the LOS. Tackling by our Outside Cbs will be important. Funny thing is this is actually the game Damari is probably going to look his best in. Not because he matches up well against Clemsons WRs. But Because he matches up well against Clemsons Offense... imo
 
Last edited:
Might end up being like that Texas a&m playoff game where its 10 yard passes and 50 run plays and field goals only
 
Back
Top