-18.5 vs clemson

Their run defense is the weakness of their defense, so i think we were gonna run alot no matter the weather. And our run defense is the strength of our defense
 
Their run defense is the weakness of their defense, so i think we were gonna run alot no matter the weather. And our run defense is the strength of our defense

I understand the thought process of rain helping Clemson more than us, but I believe it’s the opposite. Clemson can barely throw the ball as is. That + rain helps our depleted secondary tremendously and makes Clemson even more one dimensional playing against our defenses strength. No matter how bad the rain is, we have the greater ability to muster up a semblance of a passing threat to keep the defense honest and help the run game.
 
Yes but it slows Miami way more by potentially limiting the pass game. Clemson doesn’t throw anyways so it’s a major factor if Miami can’t throw the way they would like.

If it turns into a running game it gives Clemson a punchers chance.

We have the #1 rushing defense in the country. So their 50% passer QB becomes a 30% passer and I'm supposed to be nervous?

There is no such thing as bad weather, only soft people.

We have better, faster, quicker athletes. Use the slick field to your advantage with misdirection and quick, change of pace routes. We don't need to throw the ball 50 yards down the field. Our QB is the most accurate QB in the country, he can throw a wet football 15 yards just fine. Use your athletic advantage to get open quickly and, on defense, put 10 guys in the box and dare them to run it. The kid can't throw for **** on a sunny day, make him prove he can beat you over the top in a downpour.
 
I understand the thought process of rain helping Clemson more than us, but I believe it’s the opposite. Clemson can barely throw the ball as is. That + rain helps our depleted secondary tremendously and makes Clemson even more one dimensional playing against our defenses strength. No matter how bad the rain is, we have the greater ability to muster up a semblance of a passing threat to keep the defense honest and help the run game.
This is exactly what im thinking but i can understand people thinking bad weather would muddy up the game and thats a positive for them. Because in good weather its all bad for them
 
+18.5 is the lock of the century if the weather stays the way it's looking. 1.5'' of rain. Heavy pouring at gametime right now.

Gonna be sloppy. Their field is notorious for ****** drainage.

It’s down to 16.5 in most books as of this morning

My prediction is Miami-24, Clemson -16
 
If Fletcher is back and healthy the weather won’t matter much because he’s so strong and powerful. Now Pringle would be a diff story if Fletcher is limited.
 
People point to 58-0 all the time, but don’t also forget we’ve played them 4 more times since then, and 3 of those games were 38-3, 42-17, and 40-10.

We did win the last one, but the 4 previous to that they outscored us 178-30. Read that one more time.

It’s about time for some real get back on Saturday night. Mario should have been saying these scores before everyone left the locker room tonight and those games should be up on all the TVs this week.

178-30 in 4 games. I want blood. I want 50 shots of sad whining Dabo on the sidelines. I want to see him going through every single negative emotion possible. Tell Dawson you need 40+ in this game.

Something like 45-6 sounds great.
If Miami could match the Washington GET BACK game in the OB then the Saturday will be a sight to see!
 
+18.5 is the lock of the century if the weather stays the way it's looking. 1.5'' of rain. Heavy pouring at gametime right now.

Gonna be sloppy. Their field is notorious for ****** drainage.
almost seems like a trap how big the number is. Just saw it dropped to 16.5 in FD
 
If Fletcher is back and healthy the weather won’t matter much because he’s so strong and powerful. Now Pringle would be a diff story if Fletcher is limited.
I like bigger backs in the rain as well. That being said, if the smaller shifty guy can make his cuts, he could make some big runs. I mentioned it earlier with Clemson trying to guard Toney on a wet field. Good luck.

Their O is anemic in perfect weather. Throw them in the mud and it should get ugly for them.
 
almost seems like a trap how big the number is. Just saw it dropped to 16.5 in FD
I don't really believe in traps in Vegas. Almost like reverse psychology... assuming you think it's a trap that Miami won't cover and people put all the money on Clemson and then Clemson covers... that's them losing money.

I think Miami covers if the weather is clear. **** pouring rain I just don't see the game flowing fast enough to get 3 scores ahead. God forbid lightning delays and all that killing flow and momentum.

Still don't see a close game but the score will look closer in a monsoon.
 
Don't rule out the refs.
I fully expect the refs to ***** us but Clemson will still have to play well and score. I think the refs may help keep them close in the first half but once we go up by 10+ it’s curtains for them.
 
I don't really believe in traps in Vegas. Almost like reverse psychology... assuming you think it's a trap that Miami won't cover and people put all the money on Clemson and then Clemson covers... that's them losing money.

I think Miami covers if the weather is clear. **** pouring rain I just don't see the game flowing fast enough to get 3 scores ahead. God forbid lightning delays and all that killing flow and momentum.

Still don't see a close game but the score will look closer in a monsoon.
Good point, even though it isn’t the same matchup or style of play. The analogy of hostile environment in a monsoon vs FSU in 03. That was a one score game I think and we were +4 in TO. Point being this weather plays into Clemons strengths and our weaknesses
 
Back
Top