17 Commits

Advertisement
before shapiro stuff. they asked cmr about the #'s and he said he wasn't going to take people just so we could be at 85, so we were never even at a full roster.
Well I completely agree with that. You don't take guys just to get numbers. That's just dumb and how you stay average.

Well I completely agree with that. You don't take guys just to get numbers. That's just dumb and how you stay average.

also increases your injuries bc you have players taking more reps bc you don't have the depth in practice to rest ppl and still get quality practice.

also increases your injuries bc you have players taking more reps bc you don't have the depth in practice to rest ppl and still get quality practice.
My point is you dont take players that will never produce for your program. If you are just signing fillers to make to overall number look better that is a bad recipe. You always want more but they must be quality. No more Bar Milos. Guys like that, while they may be bodies for practice are a waste of a scholarship. Grab quality guys, coach them up, and produce on the field period. If you have a good coach, you can take a ton of 3 star SoFl guys and compete. Once you start winning the better ones will come. Gotta win and develop or they will keep going to Bama, Clemson, UGA, and OSU.

Advertisement
before shapiro stuff. they asked cmr about the #'s and he said he wasn't going to take people just so we could be at 85, so we were never even at a full roster.
With CMR less was more...just like having half the possible number of practices for the bowl game.

My point is you dont take players that will never produce for your program. If you are just signing fillers to make to overall number look better that is a bad recipe. You always want more but they must be quality. No more Bar Milos. Guys like that, while they may be bodies for practice are a waste of a scholarship. Grab quality guys, coach them up, and produce on the field period. If you have a good coach, you can take a ton of 3 star SoFl guys and compete. Once you start winning the better ones will come. Gotta win and develop or they will keep going to Bama, Clemson, UGA, and OSU.
Milo was a four star recruit so he was probably not seen as just a body by the schools that recruited him including a number of major west coast schools.

It’s a flawed point.

There are plenty of kids out there who can help our team. Plenty of kids going to lesser programs who can help our team. If we consistently don’t have a full roster, we’re just not trying hard enough. It’s not true that there aren’t kids who can help our team out there. Not only as high schoolsrs but jucos, grad transfers etc. No excuse for playing with an incomplete roster.

Who the **** else will Miami sign for this cycle or will they just go the transfer route? It’s really hard to believe they will come close to 85 scholarship players for next season.

All the seniors are gone, Thomas, Richards, Cager, Milo, Boulware, Homer, Joe Jackson, and Feagles are all gone too. I counted 55 guys now plus 15 commits and 2 transfers.
last tiem Miami was at 85 was pre shapiro scandal. they haven't had more then 75-76 since. its why when people get all upset at Miami losing they aren't looking at facts Miami doesn't have the depth of the mid tier and doesn't have the top end talent of the top team clemson yet. richt was fixing it but it was gonna take time. yes he had to make changes wouldn't and so its a good thing he retired hopefully diaz can continue to fix what has been a huge problem for Miami for 5-6 yrs now

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny has to dig us out of Richtbation and fill this roster with kids like Fuller, Sanguinetti, and whatever other local kid has fallen through the cracks. Let's stop self-imposing sanctions. We've done it every year since 2011 in some form or another.

Spicer and Murphy got ships? What about Atkins?

Murphy and Clay James I can prove. Can't prove Spicer but he's been here forever, has a role, and we have ships to give away.

I could see Few, Griffin, Billings-Larson, Walker, Alford potentially getting hooked up by Diaz for 2019.

It’s a flawed point.

There are plenty of kids out there who can help our team. Plenty of kids going to lesser programs who can help our team. If we consistently don’t have a full roster, we’re just not trying hard enough. It’s not true that there aren’t kids who can help our team out there. Not only as high schoolsrs but jucos, grad transfers etc. No excuse for playing with an incomplete roster.
Correct. Every year you have underrated guys down here. AB, Khalil Mack, TY Hilton, etc. Evaluations need to be better and our staff needs to get out of the whole "a Miami offer is hard to get" mentality.

Advertisement
Correct. Every year you have underrated guys down here. AB, Khalil Mack, TY Hilton, etc. Evaluations need to be better and our staff needs to get out of the whole "a Miami offer is hard to get" mentality.

Some of them are bad evals. Lots are bad grades. Miami isn’t going to offer a kid that has no business going to classes. That said, still too many misses!

I think we will have 4-5 transfers ( grad or not ) and Diaz will offer at least 5 guys we haven't under Richt. This class is pretty good on D but it is flat out the worst offensive class I have seen at Miami since the last coker class. We can't judge Diaz ( or any coach ) on the class he puts together in 2 months. This time next season that will be different . BUt I suspect if we get a good OC like Applewhite and our O is putting up points and actually looking like a college O in the 21st century there will be lots of kids knocking on the door.

Advertisement
Back