16 Regional Hosts Announced

TheU1984

All ACC
http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/ncaa-announces-16-regional-hosts/

Three from the ACC. Five from the SEC.

I posted earlier, somehow it disappeared, that prior to our Duke win, Aaron Fitt had us a national seed so long as we didn't lose to Duke and end up 0-3 in the ACCT. Let's hope he's right.

Edit: his most recent predicition has us missing out.

The remaining 48 and all the seedlings will be announced tomorrow at noon.

Last edited:
Advertisement
UF over Miami for a seed would be total SEC love fest BS.

//I fully expect it

Everyone who does a projection has UM missing out on national seed. We flaked in the tourney and got no help from other national seed contenders. No one too blame but themselves. Be nice to not have to travel to Gainesville....again.

UF over Miami for a seed would be total SEC love fest BS.

//I fully expect it

UF has been a lock for a while. They have us beat in every RPI category by a mile. We have the 2-1 series win but that's seemingly*forgotten as it was very early.

We did this to ourselves in mid week disastar games vs inferior opponents and in the first two of the tourney.

Advertisement
Whether we did this to ourselves or not is beside the point - if we are sent to Gainesville again, the baseball selection process is an embarrassment and the anti Miami bias continues. There's plenty of money to send teams around the country.

Reverse the situation - if UF had won the SEC regular season but was not a national seed, what are the chances of them being sent to Coral Gables - I say "slim to none".

Whether we did this to ourselves or not is beside the point - if we are sent to Gainesville again, the baseball selection process is an embarrassment and the anti Miami bias continues. There's plenty of money to send teams around the country.

Reverse the situation - if UF had won the SEC regular season but was not a national seed, what are the chances of them being sent to Coral Gables - I say "slim to none".

That's why you don't give the committee the chance to shaft you. Leave it in their hands and you get what you get

That's why you don't give the committee the chance to shaft you. Leave it in their hands and you get what you get

I used to be OK when we were shafted in the past because we were that much better than everyone else (baseball and football), but the landscape has changed too much. Let's hope this group has that old Cane chip on their shoulder and can overcome.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back