15-0

Chaz Perry you're on the clock. Time to convert that athletic ability into football plays. Dude has all the tools.

I agree that the kid has all the tools. I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised that Perry hasn't made much noise to this point. I'm aware that he is still young but we haven't heard a peep. Nothing. Dude needs to step up and provide depth but if he doesn't I don't think it's the end of the world. I expect the Fab 3 freshmen LBs to step up and think they improve weekly. Gordinier and a healthy Owens need to bring it. If we can get something from Mike Smith and/or Chuck Perry then that's a bonus.
Diaz has mentioned him a few times in interviews. Says he's battling McCloud but that McCloud is separating himself a little because he's tougher.

Advertisement
Yep. You can't teach experience....

Our LB depth is non-existent....

Kuligowski will have the DL ready, but I don't know how good of a coach Diaz is with the LBs (or as the DC)....

We'll find out soon enough....

Have I missed something? Did the Canes just lose Reggie White, Hank Carson, and Lawrence Taylor?

Or did they lose AQM, Grace, and Young?

The caterwauling since yesterday is deafening.

Spilled milk. Its over. Richt and staff will assess the situation, make adjustments, and younger players will have an opportunity to step forth onto a big stage.

They have to look within, meet the challenge head on, and perform to the best of their ability.

Thats it.

Go Canes.
Keep whistling through the graveyard. Even if the other guys step up, this is a huge hit to our depth and we were already pretty thin. We're an injury away from having to advertise for walk-ons to come try out for the team.

The D line will be so much better this year that it might mask some inexperience at other positions.Kool will have his guys swarming to the ball and creating pressure in the offensive backfield.Pressure will definitely be the key.I think that we will be fine unless we sustain an abnormally high amount of injuries.The team is in excellent physical shape and the coaches are teaching them sound technique.Grace will be missed for sure but we have to move past that and dominate anyway.I still think 9-3 and a bowl win.New jerseys and cleats will help us win a game or 2 also.

If your weak ***** *** is on this thread ****ing your pants about FSU, you're not a real Canes fan...

Have I missed something? Did the Canes just lose Reggie White, Hank Carson, and Lawrence Taylor?

Spilled milk. Its over. Richt and staff will assess the situation, make adjustments, and younger players will have an opportunity to step forth onto a big stage.

They have to look within, meet the challenge head on, and perform to the best of their ability.

Thats it.

Go Canes.
Keep whistling through the graveyard. Even if the other guys step up, this is a huge hit to our depth and we were already pretty thin. We're an injury away from having to advertise for walk-ons to come try out for the team.

This. Jimmy, as always, you just get it. Nice to see signs of intelligence in this site.

Advertisement

Thats it.

Go Canes.

This. Jimmy, as always, you just get it. Nice to see signs of intelligence in this site.

Hurra...

Do you really think their dismissals leave the Canes program teetering on the edge?

Perhaps I'm naive (ok...let me assure you I'm not...hahaha), but I just don't see their departures as that big a loss.

Wonder what tune I'm whistling past the graveyard though...maybe MJ's "Thriller"?

Thats it.

Go Canes.

This

So you're both saying 15-0?

I dig it!

Hardly. What I am saying is I dont think any of those 3 players, as individuals or group, are worth an extra win or loss this season.

Their departures are disappointing, but the sky isnt falling as some has said recently, "we are now capped at 7, 8 wins, etc."

The Canes W-L record for 2016 was not based on, or heavily influenced, by their play.

Contributors yes, single points of failure (like Kaaya likely is considering his bavkups)...no.

We won't have to wait very long to find out if you're right

Advertisement

Thats it.

Go Canes.

So JJH...

What's the alternative? Wail and flail about like clubbed baby harp seals?

I think several on here recognize their dismissals are disappointing and certainly dont help with depth...however...

I am not convinced any of these players, individually or as a group, were going to be the key difference in a single upcoming win or loss.

The Canes squad and fans have two choices: 1) season is over/hurt/screwed/why even bother playing, or 2) get mad, get over it, move on.

In my life and line of work, I've never seen a single instance where #1 was the best COA.

Go Canes.
Obviously there is no way to quantify it but I just don't think it is a stretch to think that losing 3 starters on defense could potentially cost us a game at some point. I was really excited to see what AQM could do in Diaz's scheme and finally getting some real coaching. The hit to the LB depth really hurts. Even if there are no major injuries, over the grind of a season players get dinged up and need to sit out for a series here and there. Now we are relying on 3 freshmen to carry the load. That is a lot to ask of them.

OK...We've got FSU at home, but do you realize how loaded they are ? It's as good or better than Winston's Champ year...

They've been loaded forever, at least since 2010 season and, yet, for all of our problems
with depth and bad coaching, we've played tough throughout this time.
Sorry that I'm not skurred.

But, Dude, we lost all of them, regardless of the score. And it was out super bowl each year. Just another game for them. Lets get back to the 80's and 90's when it is the super bowl for both teams. Then if we lose a close one, it would count as something.

Everyone knew we lacked depth on the defense so losing these guys hurt, but it isn't critical. The season has always been on the back of the offense. If we move the ball and score, we will be in every game. If we don't, our defense isn't going to keep us in any big games.

Advertisement
OK...We've got FSU at home, but do you realize how loaded they are ? It's as good or better than Winston's Champ year...

They've been loaded forever, at least since 2010 season and, yet, for all of our problems
with depth and bad coaching, we've played tough throughout this time.
Sorry that I'm not skurred.

But, Dude, we lost all of them, regardless of the score. And it was out super bowl each year. Just another game for them. Lets get back to the 80's and 90's when it is the super bowl for both teams. Then if we lose a close one, it would count as something.

LOL if you think that is "another game" for them.
Them playing us is never "another game" regardless of what those slack-jawed hayseeds with
protruding foreheads claim.
I don't care if it's bowling, they are our little brother and they know it.
And, yeah, we need to start beating them, but that's another issue.
Again, not skurred.

Thats it.

Go Canes.

This right here. The issue isn't that any of them were stars, the issue is that we already needed some injury luck to get through he season with a record anyone would be happy with.

Might as well start the youngsters. We weren't going to compete for a NC this year anyway. This was a 3-5 year project anyway. Getting Golden's stink off this team was always going to take this long. Especially with that douchebag Emmert and his clowns hanging around. Butch went through the same thing and while I think Richt will do as well or a little better, it's going to take some time to straighten this mess out and recruit some good kids. Muhammad was never going to play here because he couldn't stay out of trouble and ran out of excuses long ago.

Neg away, but this is the way things are. We can't even breathe without Marie Mark and his $EC a-holes down our throats. Their worst nightmare is a loaded Canes team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back