'14 OT Harry Dumervil, 6'10 400, Oakland Park

This is the type of kid who goes to JUCO to get his **** together, (lose weight, get in condition, etc.) and then in two years check in on him to see whats up..kinda like Stockar McDougle from out of Deerfield Beach HS from back in the day. (Jeromes Mac's older brother) Buddy was just like this. Went to JUCO..got his head and body str8..signed with Oklahoma..And ended up being a 1st round pick..
That is exactly what I thought when I saw this thread. Right now you dont even know what you have got with this kid. Send him to JUCO and tell him to lose at least 60lbs.

Advertisement
The only space he would eat up at DT is the space in front of the LB's lap.

A D-1 lineman would get under this kid's pads and put him on skates.

Maybe he could just lie down lengthwise from one end of the line of scrimmage to the other. That way, the OLs would have to jump over his outstretched body to get to the next line of defenders. I'm sure that would ***** up their blocking schemes.

Advertisement
If not for Ian Symonette, I would say take a kid like that if he has the work ethic, but after Ian, I think I'd rather just pass.

Maybe if the coaches tell him to lose 40 lbs by the end of the year and he can get an offer if the boats not full.

Advertisement
Back