14 game win streak last year

Advertisement
That's a good observation!

Pitelli finished 5th in hits and RBI last year - this year he's on pace to finish 6th in both categories.
Dario rounding into form and locking down that 3rd OF spot would go a long way because Renzo and Farrow looked lost this week.
Would also not be against Gaby getting a look as DH after 2 clutch hits against VT.
We won games started by Gallo and Rosario this week - could that possibly continue?
Chestnutt didn't pitch this weekend....maybe he gets another shot against FAU on Wed.

Identical coach **** the bed in regionals last year
The one thing I’ll say about that is… if you’re gonna replace him, it better be with a guy that would get to Omaha right away cause Gino has put them in position to advance the last two years. That’s actually harder to find than most of you understand

The one thing I’ll say about that is… if you’re gonna replace him, it better be with a guy that would get to Omaha right away cause Gino has put them in position to advance the last two years. That’s actually harder to find than most of you understand
Canes baseball is a shadow of itself right now… seems like your content with just making a regional and shatting the bed for an early exit

Advertisement
Canes baseball is a shadow of itself right now… seems like your content with just making a regional and shatting the bed for an early exit
We get it. But some of us are tired of simply coming on and *****ing about Gino. We know he sucks and JD is washed. That said, it is what it is. Many of us love Canes baseball (those Friday night games back in the 90s were the highlight of week during some tough times (law school stress, loss of parent, etc)). But yes, at this point getting out of a regional would be a huge gain for this program rn. Sad but true.

"Put them in position" by hosting a regional? That used to be expected, not worthy of praise.

We get it. But some of us are tired of simply coming on and *****ing about Gino. We know he sucks and JD is washed. That said, it is what it is. Many of us love Canes baseball (those Friday night games back in the 90s were the highlight of week during some tough times (law school stress, loss of parent, etc)).

This is exactly why I come here to complain about Gino. It sounds like you and I are in the same boat with Miami baseball being an important part of our lives. I spent many, many weekends at Mark Light as a student, and when I moved away I still loaded up my wife and daughter to head to CG for baseball games. Baseball was the crown jewel of the athletic department. We were Duke basketball. It is disgusting to see what has happened.

Advertisement
This is exactly why I come here to complain about Gino. It sounds like you and I are in the same boat with Miami baseball being an important part of our lives. I spent many, many weekends at Mark Light as a student, and when I moved away I still loaded up my wife and daughter to head to CG for baseball games. Baseball was the crown jewel of the athletic department. We were Duke basketball. It is disgusting to see what has happened.
I'm just not sure what it takes to get him out. But yeah, I could care less if the baseball coach has ties to the program (Frazier didn't, Morris didn't (before he was washed, he was a good coach)), and some of those listed on the other thread were awesome names. In any case, as long as we do well in the ACC and host a regional here and there, I don't think Rad makes any moves. Particularly given who is father was.

We haven't been in a position to advance the last two years. We haven't even made a regional final, much less a super regional. We've gone 2-4, all against lower-seeded teams, scored a combined 20 runs in those 6 games, and that's with 11 of those runs coming in one game. There's a huge gap in what Gino's done and "getting to Omaha right away".

Honestly...I think Gino could make the move for Miami.

He knows where this program was and where it is. He knows 2-3 more years of "Ok" regular seasons followed by massive lets downs in ACC and NCAA tourney play are piling up. He has unlimited money. So he is doing this because he cares about the program and wants to win. So at some point he has to look in the mirror and know it time to step aside.

Or he really does a complete self audit if this season ends similar to the past few. Wake is a big test this weekend. We take 2/3 from them then we may just be on to something. But the problem is we cant peak in Early April, coast into the Acc tourney, then fizzle again.

we’ve been abysmal in regionals under Gino. Have no clue where this “position to advance” is coming from. To my knowledge We’ve never won our first game in a regional under Gino.

Starkville 2019: Centeal Michigan beat us 🤮

2020: cancelled

2021 Gainesville: South Alabama beat us 🤮

2022 Coral Gables: Ole Miss beat us

Please tell me how that is putting us in a chance to advance?
Actually we beat Canisius last year 11-6...we scored 7 in the last 2 innings I think and the year before we beat S. Alabama 1-0 because Rosario threw great and I just envisioned what we might look like in 2 years with some of those young guys...who are now Juniors.

So we actually did put ourselves in position to win...only to then lose our next 2 and be out. Our offenses just seem to really go dormant.

Advertisement
Actually we beat Canisius last year 11-6...we scored 7 in the last 2 innings I think and the year before we beat S. Alabama 1-0 because Rosario threw great and I just envisioned what we might look like in 2 years with some of those young guys...who are now Juniors.

So we actually did put ourselves in position to win...only to then lose our next 2 and be out. Our offenses just seem to really go dormant.
You’re correct. Tough to read the score recaps of all regional games. Deleting the post.

Slightly OT, but, which one of you is the fat guy who sits in the top row and threatens to leave if Gino doesn't get someone up and throwing in the bullpen?

Hitting us with the classic "if you don't care, why should we?" line Saturday night made me think it could be someone from here.

Advertisement
Slightly OT, but, which one of you is the fat guy who sits in the top row and threatens to leave if Gino doesn't get someone up and throwing in the bullpen?

Hitting us with the classic "if you don't care, why should we?" line Saturday night made me think it could be someone from here.
That guy was ready to lose his mind when Gallo allowed those HRs on Saturday.

You had a bunch of us at fat guy.

You had a bunch of us at fat guy.
72A3325C-A015-4002-89B3-D06122E436B8.gif

Advertisement
Back