13 Stanford Players in the Portal, Review of ACC in Portal

svenben

Freshman
What the heck is going on? Seems you would want the degree from there even if playing time sucks.

For the heck of it Im looking at the ACC schools
BC - 4

Clemson = zero! How do they not have high ranked guys on the bench wanting PT?
Duke - 5 (4* CB from Mich joined)
FSU - 7 with 4 WR/TE (got a Louisville DE)
GT - 3 (Got a 4* OL from Tenn and a 4* S from ND). Collins is doing a great job on the recruiting end. got 5 last year including 3 4* from Mich, UF, Miami)
Louisville - 5 (one to FSU)
Miami - 7
NC State 5
UNC - 5
Pitt - 4 got a 4* TE from uf
Cuse - 1 got a UF player
UVA - 2 JAGs
VT - 7, 18 last year! Wow
Wake 4

Advertisement
What the heck is going on? Seems you would want the degree from there even if playing time sucks.

BC - 4

GT - 3 (Got a 4* OL from Tenn and a 4* S from ND). Collins is doing a great job on the recruiting end. got 5 last year including 3 4* from Mich, UF, Miami)
Miami - 7
NC State 5
UNC - 5
Cuse - 1 got a UF player
UVA - 2 JAGs
Wake 4

I think most of those Stanford portal players already have their degrees.
Because of their academics, Stanford recruits nationally so I'm guessing some of those
players may want to play their grad year at or nearer to home.
Nonetheless, 13 is crazy.

Clemson doesn’t have guys in the portal because they recruit guys with high character personalities. Notice how they didn’t try to recruit Zach Evans. That guys a talent but a diva. Just an example I know got bowman. Locker room problems will tear a team apart

Clemson doesn’t have guys in the portal because they recruit guys with high character personalities. Notice how they didn’t try to recruit Zach Evans. That guys a talent but a diva. Just an example I know got bowman. Locker room problems will tear a team apart
they did have 5 leave last year.. all 4* and Feaster who I think was a 5* on some services.

Clemson doesn't have guys in the portal because they dont want to take a pay cut. Seems people forget that a Clemson basketball coach was caught on tape saying the football team pays players. This isnt speculation or envy. It's on tape.

Advertisement
Clemson doesn't have guys in the portal because they dont want to take a pay cut. Seems people forget that a Clemson basketball coach was caught on tape saying the football team pays players. This isnt speculation or envy. It's on tape.

People are going to still deny it. "The basketball coach is just salty with nothing to lose, cant' believe anything he says."

People are going to still deny it. "The basketball coach is just salty with nothing to lose, cant' believe anything he says."

Never forget.

"Smith referenced similar “pay-to-play” arrangements involving Clemson’s football program – which has appeared in the College Football Playoff (CFP) four years in a row and captured national titles in 2016 and 2018.

“That’s why football is so successful, is if you do it and use resources at Clemson, like you can really keep everything tight,” he said. “It’s a small college town … you can come to a game one night, after the game you see a dude out there in a nice looking suit, you like, ‘wait a minute now.’”

BC - 4

Miami - 7
NC State 5
UNC - 5
Cuse - 1 got a UF player
UVA - 2 JAGs
Wake 4
I wouldn't be surprised to see few Clemson guys entering the portal after the playoffs.

Advertisement
They got there degrees lol you dont give up that million dollar degree at least you would hope they would be smarter lol

I said in another thread the NCAA has to do something to allow teams like Stanford to reload. 25 ICs is not going to work for them and will only put them at a disadvantage competition-wise (which is the opposite intent of the rule) and put the kids at risk physically, forcing young kids to play immediately even if not ready, or having kids feel pressured to play hurt bc of depth issues.

Besides the character (which I totally agree with you), they play a lot of young players. Everybody's getting PT and most of the juniors are heading to the draft freeing up spots for the next man up.

Advertisement
Feel like Miami would be one of the bigger beneficiaries of the Portal.. tons of local talent go all over the country and kids get home sick.

Advertisement
I wonder how long it’ll be before these blue chip guys go to Clemson and Alabaga for the money and to be on a team that plays for or wins a NC. Then they jump in the portal to get PT somewhere their last couple years. I can see this becoming a big problem for those teams in the future.

I wonder how long it’ll be before these blue chip guys go to Clemson and Alabaga for the money and to be on a team that plays for or wins a NC. Then they jump in the portal to get PT somewhere their last couple years. I can see this becoming a big problem for those teams in the future.
They’re already going there, but roster limits being what they are, Saban sure doesn’t want to let them go. It’s hard to keep the 85 filled with the tighter 25 initial counter rules. Dabo takes fewer and holds kids really well it appears.

but also, most top kids have to wait their turn at alabaga, because there are top kids ahead of them. So it takes a couple years for a talented kid to see the writing on the wall. They could transfer, sit out another year, but then they’re bettig everything on their new situation, which is risky. My guess is the grad transfer path is more likely. Don’t have to sit out that extra year, but likely only have 1 year to play elsewhere.

Advertisement
Back