12 in coaches, with the gators at 9? LOL

Advertisement
I don't really know how you can compare teams in different conference this year, with the lack of OOC play. The ACC was horrible last year, but presumably would have done less badly in OOC play this year, just by default.

But, frankly, I'm not sure that we're even one of the best 25 teams in the country, let alone #12. The opponents we've beaten are garbage.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Have said numerous times only 2 ratings that mean a darn thing is the one that determines the 4 teams for the play offs and the very final one

This obsessive comparing to UF is enough. Who gives a **** if UF is ranked ahead of us by 3 spots or whatever it is? UF isn’t in our conference, we don’t play them. Who cares....
Our fan base is obsessed with the Gators!!!! You should know that by now.

Advertisement
No one thought we were going to win, Vegas had us as big underdogs, this is a Top 15 team just not Top 5, BTW neither is UNC. All the experts had us losing around 38-17, it’s exactly where we are.

I’m sure it’s not popular among the mopes here but I’m still ecstatic only a couple months removed from thinking no football and less than a year removed from feeling the U was done being relevant for years. This season has been a blast and if we can keep the L’s to 2 or less win a bowl and top 10 recruiting class it’s all still moving in the right direction .

Advertisement
Our fan base is obsessed with the Gators!!!! You should know that by now.
I am wondering how they didn't fall lower than us if they lost to a lower-ranked opponent and we lost to the #1 ranked team at their house. I actually believe we are ranked appropriately and probably where we should have been before the game. Florida like a lot of SEC team is giving up tons of points on D, and tons of yardage. trying to understand the criteria. I have zero obsession with Florida.. **** them.

Shouldn’t even be ranked if we being honest. Our best win is UAB
I can't agree with that unless you've checked out all the other teams ranked around us.

Have you looked at Notre Dame's results?
Duke, So Fla and FSU?
What has ND done that we haven't?

I always thought polls before 7 or 8 games were meaningless anyway.

The AP has us at 13 and UNC at 5. That should be interesting to watch.

Here's the commentary

No. 13 Miami (3-1)

How much did Miami fans really believe Saturday's game was a potential win? The recent history against Clemson was ugly, and the Tigers delivered another drubbing Saturday. So where does that leave Miami? If expectations were set high before Saturday's loss, this feels like a real setback. But the truth is, it simply exposed some obvious differences in talent that Clemson probably would have exposed against nearly any team. Miami's future might still end with a rematch of this one in the ACC title game, and the real measure of progress for this Canes team is probably better determined by how it responds from here. -- Hale

Advertisement
Are BIG and Pac teams allowed to be ranked?

If they aren't, then our #12 ranking is probably equivalent to something like #17 in a normal year.

Advertisement
Back