Duke
Georgia Tech
Cincinnati
Virginia Tech
North Carolina
Florida State
Virginia
Pittsburgh

okay break it down for me. we all know FSU is no joke, but who else do we lose to?

Virginia Tech on Thursday night.

Nebraska isn't good on offense, Miami struggles against good throwing teams, teams with good QB's tommy Armstrong isn't a good passer.

Louisville is a payback game. Canes will win

UNC game is in Miami, where UNC usually plays well at, but their QB is suspect. He'll throw I at least 1 pick.

Duke was a 1 year wonder

Cincinnati is a trap game! They might slip up against them.

UVA & pitt are trash.

Miami goes 9-3 losing to cincy, FSU, & VT they will win the coastal. & play FSU again

Duke is not going to be a one year wonder, wishful thinking

Advertisement
Louisville [W]
Florida A&M [W]
Arkansas State [W]
Nebraska [W]
Duke [W]
Georgia Tech [W]
Cincinnati [W]
Virginia Tech [L]
North Carolina [W]
Florida State [L]
Virginia {W]
Pittsburgh [W]

okay break it down for me. we all know FSU is no joke, but who else do we lose to?

Thursday night game IN Blacksburg..place is going to be rockin..I'll say this though UM has historically been good on Thursday night games so if not the VaTech game I'd be weary of that NC team. I do think if we play FSU in the ACCCG we will beat them.."Wide Left part 4"

Louisville
Florida A&M
Arkansas State
Nebraska
Duke
Georgia Tech
Cincinnati
Virginia Tech
North Carolina
Florida State
Virginia
Pittsburgh

Nebraska isn't good on offense, Miami struggles against good throwing teams, teams with good QB's tommy Armstrong isn't a good passer.

UNC game is in Miami, where UNC usually plays well at, but their QB is suspect. He'll throw I at least 1 pick.

Duke was a 1 year wonder

UVA & pitt are trash.

Miami goes 9-3 losing to cincy, FSU, & VT they will win the coastal. & play FSU again

Name 5 players on Duke other than the basketball team.

Louisville
Florida A&M
Arkansas State
Nebraska
Duke
Georgia Tech
Cincinnati
Virginia Tech
North Carolina
Florida State
Virginia
Pittsburgh

Duke was a 1 year wonder

UVA & pitt are trash.

Name 5 players on Duke other than the basketball team.

couldn't name you 5 last year..........they still beat us and won the Coastal before we did

An 11-win season most likely means a 10-win regular season. I think this team will go anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2 this season, so it's not outside the realm of possibility. FSU is the only team with clearly more talent than us now on our schedule, though we aren't so much better that anyone else that I think we sweep the table.

The main guys I think we get with a great season are the So FL 5-star DBs, Stowbridge and Ridley (whom I believe would play at WR for us). Hopefully the JuCo DT. We also need to find an elite OL, because current commits might all turn out okay, but look like projects.

Advertisement
97.gif

less laughable that we get to 11wins than your ***** asses....

Louisville
Florida A&M
Arkansas State
Nebraska
Duke
Georgia Tech
Cincinnati
Virginia Tech
North Carolina
Florida State
Virginia
Pittsburgh

Imo I could see us winning 11 games including the bowl game. I think we beat VT, Louisville, and Nebraska with ease. Now the team that I think we need to worry about is UNC.

i think we can all come to the conclusion that this could be a 10/11 win team if we knew what we have at QB. Certainly not a lack of recruiting at the position, just no game experience or gel with the offense. Defensively we should finally see a much better product on the field. Safety and CB should be solid and LB should be better than years past even if Figatron and Kirby don't have a ton of college experience. Add in the JUCO DT's and theres no way the interior DL doesn't play better. Our problem is not a lack of talent, it's a lack of that talent having experience playing together.

We will probably lose to FSU. Lousiville/Nebraska is a toss-up, we may loose 1, and UNC/VT is a toss-up.

I'm going 9-3, and it will come down to what VT does again. Even though they are breaking in a new QB, they just always seem to find a way to win the division thru sound coaching and player development.

Advertisement
If this team wins 11 games this season, what high rated guys do you think we land?

Here is my list:
DE Byron Cowart
DE CeCe Jefferson
WR Calvin Ridley
OT Martez Ivey
WR Da'Vante Phillips
CB Tyrek Cole
ATH Torrance Gibson

If we win 11 games I think we get cole, jj, Irvin, sbb, ridley, scarlett, Walton, Williams sticks, and jc will stick. And a big name DT

Excuse me fellas. I meant to add that if we can win at least 8-9 regular season games we land Cole, Irvin, and JJ. Other than that, I don't expect much. He**, how many are we taking in this class?

Using your list even with an 11 win season I dont think cece comes here. Neither does Calvin, he seems content at bama. everyone else is fair game.

I think CeCe and Byron Cowart are a package deal... I think Florida is the front runner. But if Miami could make a last ditch effort to get them to South Florida... that would be a great thing... I saw CeCe a few weeks ago he is a good looking football player.

Louisville out of the box could prove to be tricky... The will be missing Teddy but they are returning 34 players on their roster... FROM Florida but we get pass that game with a win... I think Miami shows up in Blacksburg undefeated....

Advertisement
What about Deon Cain? I know he committed to Clemson but I thought it was stated that if we show some promise this year that he would really consider. Cain really impresses me, I could see him climbing the rankings after The Opening and senior season.

Jeez so much hate on my man Hstokes for making a hypothetical scenario to kill some time during the off-season. Some people laugh at 11 wins and while I don't think we win 11 this year....I still think this is a interesting thread because winning will bring a lot of these guys IMO. I do disagree with Phillips though..I remember a thread from a while ago talking about how he wants to go to school away from Miami to escape gang violence targeting his family or something along the lines of that. I think Cole, SBB, and Ridley are certainly in play though. Thanks for the thread man...it was interesting to read.

With an 11 win season.

Realistically I see.

Could see Gibson giving us another look.

Could see Tarvarus actually legit looking at us.

Irvin and Jaquan would jump on right away.

Don't get why staff is not on Kendrell hard yet.

Could see Cole, Ridley and Burgess-Becker flip to us.

We get our choosing from C. Davis, D. Davis and Fenton. Or if we want all of them or just 2.

Land Clarington.

Could see the RB haul sticking all together. And Scarlett come too.

Land Peete.

Could convince Coney but I don't think it will happen.

Could land Strowbridge.

Could be enough to pull in jucos Lewis and Ledbetter

But this is all hypothetical. We NEED to win.

We win, trust me... They will come in flocks.

Advertisement
Louisville
Florida A&M
Arkansas State
Nebraska
Duke
Georgia Tech
Cincinnati
Virginia Tech
North Carolina
Florida State
Virginia
Pittsburgh

Duke was a 1 year wonder

UVA & pitt are trash.

Duke also isn't going to throw against aj or kc... Plus we should have Duke and fresh legs of Yearby. Let's make a $50 wager on this game. Gentleman's bet

I know this thread is a lot of what if, but how many kids do we take we already have 18 commits 19 if Walton can get in.

Advertisement
Back