11 ee's enroll today

Advertisement
Some observations:

Weldon - Has the potential to be a huge coup for this staff. Getting hurt his junior year probably derailed the hype train a bit, but given his senior year production and skill set, he appears to be trending positively.

Burns - Boom or bust prospect IMO. Hopefully all that time off means he has tread on the tires and a chip on his shoulder.

Polendey - Does he grow into a tackle? Doesn't really fit the mold of pass catching tight ends we've had here.

Donaldson - I think many of us are counting on him to step right in and seize a starting spot somewhere on the line. Anything less is probably a disappointment given his stature.

Dykstra - Hopefully he's our next Gauthier. It's always a bit of a red flag from Big 10 country leaves the Big 10, but Iowa really wanted him, so I'll chalk it up as a win for our staff. Love his size.

Hillery - Am probably a bit more bullish on him than I am Dykstra given his basketball background and how new he is to football. I feel he develops into a rotation tackle after a year or two

Garvin - I have no idea how he wasn't rated higher, but he was recruited personally by Brent Venables so that's good enough for me. Just an embarrassment of riches for us at the DE spot.

Steed - I'd hope that given our depth at LB and his health that he sits out 2017. Looks like your classic Miami inside backer.

Jennings - Don't think he has a ceiling like Pinckney or McLoud but these are the types of guys we need as we build depth.

DeeJay - When we look back at this class, I hope to say that this kid walked the walk as much as he talked the talked. Already on the short list of all-time favorite Canes and think he helps us on both sides of the ball.

Carter - I hold firm that he's our biggest impact freshman on defense next year and could end up starting at home point opposite JJ.

Taking a guess at jersey #s

Weldon - 15
Burns - 22
Polendey - 88
Donaldson - 55
Dykstra - 64
Garvin - 96
Jennings - 44
Steed - 51
Carter - 26
Dallas - 13

Nobody is confirmed as enrolled yet. Today was the first day they could. What is Ferman saying in his new article about some of them are being held up by paperwork? The photo is a picture of Donaldson.

Advertisement
Pretty sure this has been discussed, but does Polendey project out eventually as an offensive lineman

maybe as a fb.

Richt likes to use a FB, but if we waste another scholarship on a guy like we did last year I'd be ****ed. I think we give Gray, Burns, Irvin, and Polendey an opportunity to start there. Need these guys to step up and lead block. If they want PT, this is the way to do it.

Gray has gotten bigger since getting injured. I'd be surprised if he isn't asking to play FB this spring.

I love that Garvin is officially ours... I worried that some SEC's school would end up chasing him after his video game type stats.

Gray has gotten bigger since getting injured. I'd be surprised if he isn't asking to play FB this spring.

And he should be. He'd be my number one choice to fill in at FB. Plus he could get a few FB dives and help out in the passing game.
If he gets injured again, or just straight up can't block Burns would be the next guy in line.

We need one of the two or both to take over the FB role.

Advertisement
Pretty sure this has been discussed, but does Polendey project out eventually as an offensive lineman

maybe as a fb.

Richt likes to use a FB, but if we waste another scholarship on a guy like we did last year I'd be ****ed. I think we give Gray, Burns, Irvin, and Polendey an opportunity to start there. Need these guys to step up and lead block. If they want PT, this is the way to do it.

Borderline too big to be a fullback.

Call me crazy, he looks like a future offensive lineman to me.

maybe as a fb.

Borderline too big to be a fullback.

Call me crazy, he looks like a future offensive lineman to me.

He is tall. But last dude we had was just like 300lbs. So who the **** knows.
obviously gray is choice 1. and burns after that. But then it seems like one of our TEs will have to step in. Not sure if Irvin is a good enough blocker.

When do the standard procurement of dorm keys alongside a cart full of luggage pics begin to surface?

maybe as a fb.

are you saying we wasted an open one year schollie on marquez williams?

Advertisement
I am not qualified to judge offensive line technique, and I am not sure what kind of caliber opposition he was playing against in his highlight tape.... But, I am excited to see if Hillery can develop. I think one of the reasons he got an offer was because of the attitude and aggression he plays with. Kid has a motor. He was one of the first offensive line tapes that I actually got excited about. In several cases he was 40-50 yards downfield after setting the early block, just looking to hit someone else. If nothing else, he has the drive and effort that I like to see. He could be a diamond in the rough.

I also liked seeing Gaynor's film. He just plays with a mean streak... Technique can be taught but those kind of things are just innate. I hope both those kids can take to the training and get in there and contribute in a couple years, if not sooner.

maybe as a fb.

It was not wasted at all. Despite not contributing a lot. He brought work ethic and some maturity to the team, he was also very humble and I am sure his influence on the team and the runningbacks group was tangible.

Advertisement
Some observations:

Weldon - Has the potential to be a huge coup for this staff. Getting hurt his junior year probably derailed the hype train a bit, but given his senior year production and skill set, he appears to be trending positively.

Burns - Boom or bust prospect IMO. Hopefully all that time off means he has tread on the tires and a chip on his shoulder.

Polendey - Does he grow into a tackle? Doesn't really fit the mold of pass catching tight ends we've had here.

Donaldson - I think many of us are counting on him to step right in and seize a starting spot somewhere on the line. Anything less is probably a disappointment given his stature.

Dykstra - Hopefully he's our next Gauthier. It's always a bit of a red flag from Big 10 country leaves the Big 10, but Iowa really wanted him, so I'll chalk it up as a win for our staff. Love his size.

Hillery - Am probably a bit more bullish on him than I am Dykstra given his basketball background and how new he is to football. I feel he develops into a rotation tackle after a year or two

Garvin - I have no idea how he wasn't rated higher, but he was recruited personally by Brent Venables so that's good enough for me. Just an embarrassment of riches for us at the DE spot.

Steed - I'd hope that given our depth at LB and his health that he sits out 2017. Looks like your classic Miami inside backer.

Jennings - Don't think he has a ceiling like Pinckney or McLoud but these are the types of guys we need as we build depth.

DeeJay - When we look back at this class, I hope to say that this kid walked the walk as much as he talked the talked. Already on the short list of all-time favorite Canes and think he helps us on both sides of the ball.

Carter - I hold firm that he's our biggest impact freshman on defense next year and could end up starting at home point opposite JJ.

have u see polendy tape? he is not slow for his size. he might be a shockey type.

maybe as a fb.

It wasn't technically a waste last year solely because we happened to have one open. But this year and every year after I think its a complete waste on someone not contributing much and no potential to develop into someone that will contribute much.

No reason Gray cant fill that role.

Advertisement
Back