10th Assistant Coach

DI to consider early signing period in football | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA

“THERE’S A CHANCE WE MAY HAVE 10 COACHES NEXT YEAR, WHICH WOULD BRING, I THINK, A STRONG CHANGE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL.” “THERE’S A LOT OF DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS YOU COULD GO.” “IT SOUNDS LIKE THERE’S A VERY STRONG POSSIBILITY THAT’S GOING TO PASS. AND IT COULD BE EVEN IMMEDIATE IN THE SPRING, IF NOT FOR SURE BY NEXT FALL.” – Bret Bielema

Advertisement
He needs to concentrate on losing that extra 200lbs he carrying around his belly and throat area

They need to add a 10th assistant position...and put a cap on the maximum number of 'football ops' positions.

******* schools like Alabama have more football ops people than NFL teams.

If we add someone to the staff it better be an offensive coach. And he better be a dynamite recruiter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need to add a 10th assistant position...and put a cap on the maximum number of 'football ops' positions.

****ing schools like Alabama have more football ops people than NFL teams.

After reading what franchise said about Alabama having 1 assistant just to run the grad transfer program,that's staying ahead of the game and we need to do the same.Grad transfers is the next big thing as more and more good players will be moving on,we can strengthen the positions we failed. at in recruiting.

Advertisement

****ing schools like Alabama have more football ops people than NFL teams.

How do you implement, if not enforce, that rule?
Especially if these football ops folks are not on the field (allegely) working with the players.

The 10th coach would be great. I don't think a limit needs to be put on ops staff.

I think it would generally look something like this.

Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Line
Quarterback
Wide Receivers

Defense Coordinator
Defensive Line
Linebackers
Defensive Backs

Special Teams Coordinator

Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Line
Quarterback
Wide Receivers

Defense Coordinator
Defensive Line
Linebackers
Defensive Backs

You only listed 9 coaches...I'm pretty sure the HC wouldn't count as one of the 10 assistants, mainly because we already have 10 coaches including Richt.

If we hire another coach it will be either a RB, LB, or TE coach. I would think LB or TE would be the most likely as Thomas Brown is technically OC but he doesn't call the plays so him doing OC/RBs if fine. Diaz on the other hand is coaching LBs while being the DC. And Hartley is both the Special Teams coordinator and TE coach.

Bringing back Barrow to coach LBs would be great. He's coaching the Seahawks LBs right now, so he'd be a perfect fit since we are teaching the same tackling form.

Advertisement

Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Line
Quarterback
Wide Receivers

Defense Coordinator
Defensive Line
Linebackers
Defensive Backs

You only listed 9 coaches...I'm pretty sure the HC wouldn't count as one of the 10 assistants, mainly because we already have 10 coaches including Richt.

If we hire another coach it will be either a RB, LB, or TE coach. I would think LB or TE would be the most likely as Thomas Brown is technically OC but he doesn't call the plays so him doing OC/RBs if fine. Diaz on the other hand is coaching LBs while being the DC. And Hartley is both the Special Teams coordinator and TE coach.

Bringing back Barrow to coach LBs would be great. He's coaching the Seahawks LBs right now, so he'd be a perfect fit since we are teaching the same tackling form.

I disagree. I think we need a full fledged ST coach. Let Hartley coach TEs

I think college football has functioned just fine without a 10th assistant for however long. This is just another power move by the have's rather than the have not's who have disposable cash. It won't be game changing in any capacity so whatever really.

I think college football has functioned just fine without a 10th assistant for however long. This is just another power move by the have's rather than the have not's who have disposable cash. It won't be game changing in any capacity so whatever really.

I somewhat disagree. The game has changed rapidly after the U's speedy teams of the 80s forward. Now that speed is everywhere, the game is more nuanced, with tweaks and adjustments weekly, depending on the opponents. I think there can never be enough assistant coaches - look at Bama with their silent coaches parading show pieces on the shelf. They may not be coaching hands on, but certainly decrease the load for the position coaches. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I somewhat disagree. The game has changed rapidly after the U's speedy teams of the 80s forward. Now that speed is everywhere, the game is more nuanced, with tweaks and adjustments weekly, depending on the opponents. I think there can never be enough assistant coaches - look at Bama with their silent coaches parading show pieces on the shelf. They may not be coaching hands on, but certainly decrease the load for the position coaches. Just my opinion.

Alabama is the perfect example of the rich getting richer. They get another coach and his support staff to play with.

Of course the more hands on deck helps, but with coaching salaries going into the stratosphere, the gap of rich versus poor will continue.

Advertisement
Back