#1 in ACC True Freshman Snaps

Advertisement
Francis and Bain are starters. With Bain being a start out of necessity. Francis outright won the job. Then Riley Williams plays a bunch. Plus we’ve had 3 blowouts where we unload the bench
That has absolutely nothing to do with the Original statement....UM leads the ACC in TRUE FRESHMAN snaps....regardless of what you said....

It was interesting hearing the comment during the FSU v Clem game regarding the difference in the roster. FSU has obviously added a large amount of their talent via the portal whereas Clemson is against the portal and focuses on high school recruiting. In my opinion, to truly be competitive in today's game, you have to have a mixture of both.

Advertisement
That has absolutely nothing to do with the Original statement....UM leads the ACC in TRUE FRESHMAN snaps....regardless of what you said....
No issue with that. Use it to our advantage on the trail. Not being negative. If anything I’m propping up the work we did on the trail last year along with this years teams propensity to blow lesser teams out. Something we didn’t do last year

It was interesting hearing the comment during the FSU v Clem game regarding the difference in the roster. FSU has obviously added a large amount of their talent via the portal whereas Clemson is against the portal and focuses on high school recruiting. In my opinion, to truly be competitive in today's game, you have to have a mixture of both.
I saw that stat too and it was eye opening. Not one transfer on the Clemson team. Not one. That is crazy in this day in age. And it actually shows because Clemson took a few steps back when it comes to level of talent on that roster. Will Shipley is good and all but he should never be the best player on any offense for a team in the top 25. (hence, Clemson not being in the top 25 anymore)

Advertisement
I saw that stat too and it was eye opening. Not one transfer on the Clemson team. Not one. That is crazy in this day in age. And it actually shows because Clemson took a few steps back when it comes to level of talent on that roster. Will Shipley is good and all but he should never be the best player on any offense for a team in the top 25. (hence, Clemson not being in the top 25 anymore)
Clemson's D is still legit, true stars on that side. I think the biggest difference between this Clemson team and the teams of the recent past is the lack of true playmakers on offense, Shipley is a good back, but he's not elite and no difference makers at WR.

Clemson's D is still legit, true stars on that side. I think the biggest difference between this Clemson team and the teams of the recent past is the lack of true playmakers on offense, Shipley is a good back, but he's not elite and no difference makers at WR.
I think Shipley is very good and would look elite if he had one of their stud QB's from the past.

I also think that Clemson's constant underperformance on OL recruiting and development is catching up because the game never stays the same and that's important in today's game.

I can agree with this.

I think Shipley is very good and would look elite if he had one of their stud QB's from the past.

I also think that Clemson's constant underperformance on OL recruiting and development is catching up because the game never stays the same and that's important in today's game.
Exactly. But Shipley cannot be the best player on your offense (by far) if your going to be an offense people should fear IMO. He is their offense. And has zero help. Not his fault. He is definitely maxing out his ability.

Advertisement
Exactly, if you lose a player to the portal he has to be replaced. Would you rather do it with a veteran player or a true freshman? Dabo has chosen recruiting instead of the portal. There is great talent in the portal that can change and upgrade your roster immediately. You know Norvell will be going after a veteran QB to replace Travis.

Top 3 in ACC:

1. Miami: 887 true freshman snaps
2. Clemson: 768 true freshman snaps
3. Virginia: 545 true freshman snaps

Top 3 players by snap count:

- OL Francis Mauigoa: 233 offensive snaps
- DL Rueben Bain: 119 defensive snaps
- TE Riley Williams: 104 offensive snaps

We should keep separating ourselves. Fletcher, Wayne, Ray Ray, Damari are already getting folded into the rotation and will only see more snaps as the season progresses. And I would be shocked if we don't see Samson, Horton and at least one of the freshmen LBs out there more often. So much talent in that class.

As far as 2024 is concerned, the QB spot is wide open, we are desperate for safeties, we have no Center, high level CBs could easily jump our starters, and DT is a total rebuild. Plenty of opportunity to make the two deep and even start across the board.

Advertisement
I agree! But I don't see any difference makers on defense either! Bunch of good players but nothing elite in my opinion.

Not like in the past tho. #10 at corner was a liability.

And you’re going to have so many more spots next year where snaps can be had. Safety especially like I could see Zaquan starting if he gets here in January.

Francis and Bain are starters. With Bain being a start out of necessity. Francis outright won the job. Then Riley Williams plays a bunch. Plus we’ve had 3 blowouts where we unload the bench
Its come to the point that the most fun is just seeing if @The Franchise is speaking silently with a thousand words via emojis to stupidity

Advertisement
Back