#1 2016 class and recruiter.. (yes I know its way early)

eliteproxy

Junior
i know its WAY too early but it is great to see the #1 next that U baby!

117.jpg

Advertisement
They gonna be tryin hard as **** to get coach Carroll another job somewhere....they gonna max his contract at some place like Mississippi State

They gonna be tryin hard as **** to get coach Carroll another job somewhere....they gonna max his contract at some place like Mississippi State

No way he jumps for a third tier sec program with no chance to win. That would be a career killer right there. Not to mention he is a california guy. Might get an offer from a top program though if he keeps it up. It's a little early to be doing our victory dance with 4 guys committed and two years to go.

Advertisement
I wish they would put up the $ figure Ole Miss is paying for their recruiting class. I mean, University of Mississippi, really?!? Who would actually WANT to go there?

I wish they would put up the $ figure Ole Miss is paying for their recruiting class. I mean, University of Mississippi, really?!? Who would actually WANT to go there?

If they wanna pay you 1.2 million to work there you wouldn't? Is that what you are trying to tell me?

It's crazy to me how these assistant coaches make $300k+ which is just about as much as top notch doctors/surgeons and POTUS makes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's crazy to me how these assistant coaches make $300k+ which is just about as much as top notch doctors/surgeons and POTUS makes.

POTUS can make up to $1 million for every speaking engagement when they're done, not to mention the crazy money for being on boards if they choose to do that. They're salary is largely symbolic so it's kind of a bad comparison. A lot more to what they get than just the salary.

Top notch doctors and surgeons can make waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than that. Even average doctors that just get in to medical school and aren't that good make about that money. Doctors do very well, and have very little career risk, so I'm not sure why that is the career most people hold out as a comparison. I guess it's the "these guys save lives and don't make more" argument, but I'd argue most doctors are overpaid relative to how hard they work and the career risk they face relative to most professions.

That's a good chunk of change these assistants are making, but most of them slugged it out making crap for a lot of years and these are the successful ones that moved past high schools and junior colleges. They're career path is more like entrepreneurs, so I say good on them for making it. But don't get me wrong, I do also see the side of the coin where coaches salaries are reaching gross levels, just don't think these $300k assistants are the best example of it.

No way he jumps for a third tier sec program with no chance to win. That would be a career killer right there. Not to mention he is a california guy. Might get an offer from a top program though if he keeps it up. It's a little early to be doing our victory dance with 4 guys committed and two years to go.

ok you may be right...2 things though, they don't even list his pay (due to the private school thing) and also would it be a career killer if they school he goes to has decent bowl game success i.e. a 3 or 4 year bowl win run? totally hypothetical, but you better believe someone in the SEC is taking notice of his work.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back