0-2 start to ACC Coastal Champs it can still happen folks I will explain

I know the world is ending after an 0-2 start but it shouldn't if you really think about it with a new coaching staff, new starting QB playing the 2 toughest teams on the road to start the season and losing both games by under 7 points is not that bad and knowing how mediocre the ACC Coastal is we still control our destiny we just need to take care of our home turf and the rest will be history. If Miami wins out and goes 10-2 they will make the ACCCG for sure and still play Clemson folks so all is not lost don't give up hope on this team that has alot to prove and win this year.

Im not buying in we are part of the MEDIOCRE ACC coastal

Advertisement
We will win out the regular season IF all of our coaches keep coaching and the players are really bought in. Despite the chicken littles on this board, we DO have more talent than all of the teams we will face except for FSU (on paper) and they are a hot mess. We actually have tangible reasons for hope. Those guys won't become top 15 again (by end of the season) until they get rid of Taggert. I'm in! 10 in a row, here we come!

Advertisement
Learning to win is a real skill and with the youth we have on our offense its taking a little bit for these guys to figure out how to close. BCC is just what the doctor ordered. Give our defense and offense a chance to play well at the same time. Focus on winning plays in a safe environment. Gain some momentum. Build on it against CMU and get ready for the next big challenge.

That wasn't a miracle. That fact that we allowed that to happen was coaching ineptitude.

There’s two defenders in the area of the WR but it’s the coaches fault for not being on the field to cover the WR himself? 🧐

Advertisement
Still plenty of season left. Opening up with these two games is rough (UNC was being underestimated but still better than I even thought they could be) and we’ve got a nice home game stretch to get **** together. The schemes/talent haven’t been the problem, we’re playing good football for good stretches of the game and then faltering when it matters most.

OP...appreciate the optimism...HOWEVER...

Miami's season, at this moment, is lost--a significant disappointment AT BEST.

Our Canes could win out from here and still not make ACCCG because UNC is driving the train (for now).

IF UNC wins out their ACCCD schedule, they advance to ACCCG.

Miami needs to rely in several teams in order to get back in the hunt.

"I didnt mention that they play @ Pitt"
So do we, and we just lost to them. Not sure what your point is here.

"Canes offense will drastically improve too so got stay positive with a new complete coaching staff"
We put almost 500 yards up last night and had no TO, all with a new staff. It was the defense that gave up 17 points in the first quarter, got lit up by a true freshman QB and gave up a 4th and 17 with a chance to seal the game...with the same staff that's been here for years.

"Louisville talent wise is not in our level"
Can we please stop with this ****? If talent alone was all it took, we wouldn't be having this conversation. We out-recruit the entire ACC, with the exception of Clemson and FSU, by a mile and yet we continue to lose games who we clearly have a talent advantage over. Stop.

"they got completely destroyed by ND 35-17"
You obviously didn't watch this game. It was a game in the 4th quarter. ND had their hands full. UL is going to give us problems this year. Bet on it.

"Last year Miami beat Pitt easily"
Our biggest win of the year was against UNC...how'd that work out for TNM last night?

Making your arguments based on facts —- Nice !

Would only add that I constantly see opinions that Miami is more “talented” than our opponent. Not sure what that’s based on but it seems to me that actual game time production should be the test. Take a guy like Pope — either a high 4 star or 5 star. Would love to see him ball out but so far it hasn’t happened. Not a direct comparison as he is older but you then look at a guy like Osborn, who I think was a 2 star. He made a lot of plays on Saturday. You can also look at our OLine where we have 2 true freshman 3 star starters that beat out older 4 stars. At least in the last game those two produced.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
I don't even care any more. At this point I just want to see week-over-week improvement and consistency. I saw that in punting, quarterbacking, and offensive line. Those three units got better since Florida. We need to see the rest of the team circle the wagons and have a complete game. If I can get that and see that things are getting steadily better than I'm okay.

This is the first year and game two of TNM. I'm rolling with coach for a few years. For what he's done for our defense these last two years, I'm certain he can turn it around.

I'm expecting Jarren to release the deep ball against BCC. Enos should loosen the reins with the expectation that Jarren should have a little more time in the pocket to get deep.

I'm expecting Jarren to release the deep ball against BCC. Enos should loosen the reins with the expectation that Jarren should have a little more time in the pocket to get deep.
Don't hold your breath. Jarren is accurate but he doesn't have the arm for the deep ball. He struggled with that in the opening and in camp. It's not just going to appear out of thin air.

Advertisement
ng
Don't hold your breath. Jarren is accurate but he doesn't have the arm for the deep ball. He struggled with that in the opening and in camp. It's not just going to appear out of thin air.
Does he not have the arm or the touch? I haven't seen enough deep throws to figure it out yet.

Of course it can happen. Just need to learn to play with more consistency all game, and of course make easy FGs and extra points (something that should really go without saying, but.....that's where we are I guess)

No need to worry about UNC, as they will lose at least 2 more ACC games. This isn't over. Beat UVA in a few weeks and this team is right back in it.

This I don't understand, as I was led to believe that he has a good enough arm to make pretty much any throw. On one of the deep balls the other night, I noticed that it just looked weird when he threw it, like he was trying to put way too much air under it or something. Looked like me trying to throw myself fly ball practice as a kid. I'm hopeful that this is just mechanics and he will get better at throwing deep.

Advertisement
Back