🚨 NEW COMMIT - Keyshawn Smith 2020 WR 🚨

Advertisement
DK Metcalf is 229 pounds which is really heavy for a receiver and he was still able to run a 4.3. I looked the average 40 yard time for combine and its a 4.9. And I feel like you get slower from high school because you add weight. But on the flip side, you do a lot of conditioning in college

1.) DK Metcalf ran 4.7 coming out of high school, not 4.3

2.) And no you don't get slower from high school, are you high?? Athletes get bigger, faster, stronger, and their running technique improves.

Advertisement
Who found this kid?

Me, after I watched his 8m senior highlight tape...

giphy.gif

He looks really good to me. Plenty of speed...sometimes doesn't even look like he's flying, but he's just zooming past everyone. Outside WR that comes down with contested catches pretty regularly. Clear big play ability (#1 thing I look for in a WR, any level). Played all over.

Pleasant surprise. Really nice find, IMO. Credit where credit is due on this one.

I expected some modest dud, and ended up thinking we might have gotten one **** of a player.

I think the WR production is more a function of their systems than the WR talent that Rolovich and Leach identify. WSU and Hawaii WRs currently in the League have a combined 2 receptions in their careers. But I do trust your evals, so if you like this kids tape, I'll buy in. Plus it seems like the Southern Cal Canes that have seen this kid play like him.
It's precisely because of the system they run, that's my point.

That's why this is a good pickup because he fits the system perfectly.

I don't care about his NFL potential, if he's a productive college WR for us getting catches & scoring TD's I could give two fcks if he ever plays a down in the league.

Advertisement
I never disputed that, but the anti South Fla crusade you have is ridiculous.

I have no problem with this take at all, he's a very good prospect but imo he's much better than Daz, he's faster & has more explosion, Worsham is a slow skinny possession WR.

If I'm on an anti South Fla crusade why have I said so many good things about Emilien and Kahlil Brantley? I let the film steer my opinions.

Daz has excellent separation skills. I agree that he's too skinny right now but he's not slow. He was a better fit in Enos' offense with the frequent reduced splits and stacks but Lashlee doesn't iso his WRs as much as other spread OCs like Briles so he should be fine. Good press corners could give him problems until he gets stronger but with his release skills it might not even matter.

Smith is in between Redding (toolsy ballwinner) and Worsham (skilled technician) as a player type. Eventually he could develop into the best of both worlds.

Advertisement
Advertisement
wow, standards for the honors programs must have dropped significantly. You should go back to not posting.
How about you do some research on our school. Our school is one of the toughest and most competitive high schools in the country. The only reason people move to my town is so their kids can attend our school. Some people can barley pay rent in our town but they make sacrifices to stay because our schools are so good.

A lot of power 5 schools didn't offer him so those schools werent alone. Washington State and Miami were his only power 5 offers
Tennessee apparently offered late as well (yeah I know not exactly big)

Pros:
Good measurables
Good running times (someone said he had a 4.5 laser) and it shows with how he walks a lot of folks on film
Leach wanted this kid
Good contested catches/50-50 balls he won... (apparently he got shown by randy moss on his “you got mossed” segment)

Cons
3 star(for the star whores)

Advertisement
Back