🚨 NEW COMMIT - Keyshawn Smith 2020 WR 🚨

Pass on leaving the talent-rich state of Florida to take some kid we beat out Hawaii and Fresno St for.
That's a shortsighted way of looking at it.

Unfortunately we had a WR corch that couldn't recruit locally so we missed out on just about every local prospect we could've had.

And Idk if you knew this but Hawaii had 3 WR's in the top 10, Cedrid Byrd had 98rec 1,097yds 10TD's, Jason Matthew-Sharsh had 87rec 913yds 5TD & Jared Smart has 87rec 1,129yds & 5TD's, plus the 3rd leading passer in college football & won 10 games this season. Wazzu had two WR's in the top 20 in receptions & yards, and Lashlee had James Proche leading the nation in receptions.

Wazzu & Hawaii play a high passing attempt Air Raid/Run & Shoot style offense that requires speedy route runner WR's & are always highly productive, and Lashlee running that Power Spread/Air Raid at SMU had highly productive WR's as well. Not a single one of them were 4-stars in HS but every one of them put up 80-100 catch season with over a 1,000yds.

Nick Rolovich & Mike Leach know two things well, WR's & QB's, if Lash worked to get him given how bad we need depth at WR there shouldn't be an issue with this take.

He'll come in more polished & ready to play that Daz Worsham I can bet that.

Advertisement
I saw Lincoln Park on a gangland episode. Is the actual park still a rough drug supermarket?
Screenshot_20200121-154625_Earth.jpg

Advertisement
I agree but he wasn't even offered by any of them. I feel like they would offer the top guys in the state.

They dont even offer the top kids down the street let alone 2 counties south.

When it comes to recruiting Clay Helton doesnt know wtf he is doing and nobody really likes UCLA.

Advertisement
Southeast SD is in the building.

Watched this kid play all season. Most slept on player in all of Southern California.
MOST DEFINITELY!! I use to live in SD and always wondered why more kids from SE don't get P5 offers. San Diego Cty produce tons of players and have the most Heisman trophy winners in the country from one area.

@Liberty City El I told you dude these skilled WRs practically grow on trees around the country. There are SFl upperclassmen on the rooster that have nowhere near the caliber of footwork and strength at the line of scrimmage, disciplined acceleration to sell the vertical release and precise footwork on the route breaks, and ball skills in traffic. This guy and Worsham are way ahead of the game.

It's a brave new world for Miami at the WR position. The transition is happening from raw divas to polished workers. Embrace the change! #technicianSZN
I never disputed that, but the anti South Fla crusade you have is ridiculous.

I have no problem with this take at all, he's a very good prospect but imo he's much better than Daz, he's faster & has more explosion, Worsham is a slow skinny possession WR.

know nothing on the kid, but if the pirate liked him then i love him. if there is one thing that old son of a ***** is good it its evaluating qb and wr talent.

gonna watch the film now and see how it looks but already excited for the pickup.

Advertisement
I trust Mike Leach when it comes to evaluating WR for a spread offense. If he had this kid as a commit, there's a good chance he be a quality player at this level
Wonder why he didn't follow Leach to the SEC and Miss St.? He coming all the way out east, why not the SEC? Glad we got got him, don't get me wrong. Just saying.

Advertisement
Those 3 schools are a mess right now

they all got ransacked for the top kids in Cali that they normallly grab

we need QB Garcia to to decommit from use and commit to use. I wonder if Garcia is guy lashlee would want

Advertisement
Back