🚨 BREAKING NEWS - Telly Lockette joining the staff 🚨

If y’all think just because he can’t recruit off campus he won’t have an impact then you are remedial. This man knows coaches on every relevant staff in SoFla and has a relationship with a ton of these parents already. He doesn’t need to go to the school and go in home to get through to these kids.
This đź’Ż.

People forget Lockette has coached some of the best teams in South Fla HS history, he coached a bunch of players that are currently in the league right now & is very well connected & highly respected locally to multiple coaching staffs.

He was OC for MNW during The Year of Bull when we went undefeated & dominated, he's the one that got Quinton Flowers to USF, he coached Devonta Freeman, Joe Yearby, Dalvin Cook, Rakeem Cato & countless others.

Whether he can recruit off campus or not won't matter. He can contact recruits & when they visit us he'll be in direct contact with them. We don't necessarily need him to do in homes for locals, he's a trusted & respected guy that South Fla prospects know, that is nothing but good/great for us.

The coaching staff just need to win & the rest will take care of itself. But if they really wanna put Lock & Hyppolite to good use just hand over them brown paper bags & let them slide... They'll handle the rest.

Advertisement
If we look back at the last year or so objectively when the Diaz era began, it's been nothing short of a whirlwind. Manny had to hit the ground running. Lots of glitz and glamor, wholesale changes to the O, and one of the most, if not the most, disappointing seasons in Canes history.

No doubt there were mistakes Manny made throughout the year. We all know what they were. The measure of a man can be seen in how he handles adversity and Manny had plenty of it last year. It seems Manny understands his mistakes and the need for more change and is willing to make more changes to improve the program.

I think we can be encouraged by the changes Manny has made this year. I'm a bit more optimistic than I was at this time last year. But the jury's still out. Results matter. Time will surely tell.

After this year I was down with letting the entire staff, including Manny, go. The loss to FIU was a fireable offense. But I have to say the moves he’s made are giving me hope. We now have good recruiters, a real OC, and a QB that has already proven what he can do at the college level. If we win this year, combined with the recruiters we now have on staff, our future classes can have a real chance to make a difference. The key is we have to win this year.

Word... no changes to the defensive staff is very questionable, but the offseason moves have looked great on paper

Advertisement
Our offense plays in the same conference buddy. And our defense played in the same conference when Golden was here and it sucked. Plus, are we going to a different conference? Trying to figure out how "that won't cut it in the long run".

And with a competent offense, you do realize how much our defense will benefit? They'll be an even better unit when they aren't on the field for 70% of the snaps

You’re such a homer. If Diaz wants to stay in the “long run” he needs to compete with the big boys. For that to happen, this D staff needs to upgrade. Anyone with a clue knows our Defense is overrated and isn’t truly elite. That can change with some staff changes.

This đź’Ż.

People forget Lockette has coached some of the best teams in South Fla HS history, he coached a bunch of players that are currently in the league right now & is very well connected & highly respected locally to multiple coaching staffs.

He was OC for MNW during The Year of Bull when we went undefeated & dominated, he's the one that got Quinton Flowers to USF, he coached Devonta Freeman, Joe Yearby, Dalvin Cook, Rakeem Cato & countless others.

Whether he can recruit off campus or not won't matter. He can contact recruits & when they visit us he'll be in direct contact with them. We don't necessarily need him to do in homes for locals, he's a trusted & respected guy that South Fla prospects know, that is nothing but good/great for us.

The coaching staff just need to win & the rest will take care of itself. But if they really wanna put Lock & Hyppolite to good use just hand over them brown paper bags & let them slide... They'll handle the rest.

does Lucas feel bad now he choose that trash up north funny how things worked out

tenor-16.gif

Advertisement
You’re such a homer. If Diaz wants to stay in the “long run” he needs to compete with the big boys. For that to happen, this D staff needs to upgrade. Anyone with a clue knows our Defense is overrated and isn’t truly elite. That can change with some staff changes.

whats elite? No d is holding down good offenses anymore. Even LSU had a struggling d this year (they got better towards the end).

So u actually think Lashlee followed King, King followed back and there were no DM's exchanged? Sounds believable.
You mean before he entered the portal? I’d assume not, since Lash wasn’t employed here until after king entered the portal. Of course I assume tampering happens, but I’d assume coaches would be smart enough To do it without leaving hard evidence. Talking to or thru proxies makes much more sense.

Obvs once the player is in the portal, it’s not tampering.

my comment tho was referring to a analyst going in-home with recruits. that’s the kind of thing that If they did it, Miami would get busted. Kid takes a pic, puts pic on Twitter, NCAA investigation begins.

Advertisement
This đź’Ż.

@Liberty City El For some reason I can't message you directly. Can you message me? Couple quick questions for you?

Advertisement
You mean before he entered the portal? I’d assume not, since Lash wasn’t employed here until after king entered the portal. Of course I assume tampering happens, but I’d assume coaches would be smart enough To do it without leaving hard evidence. Talking to or thru proxies makes much more sense.

Obvs once the player is in the portal, it’s not tampering.

my comment tho was referring to a analyst going in-home with recruits. that’s the kind of thing that If they did it, Miami would get busted. Kid takes a pic, puts pic on Twitter, NCAA investigation begins.
King entered the portal almost 2 weeks after Lashlee was hired, but just a few days after Lashlee followed him. We tampered.

We can agree to disagree whether the recruiting rule is enforced or not.

Advertisement
Back