🚨 BREAKING NEWS - DMONEY SAYS ALONZO IS COMING 🚨

In May of '90 I discussed Dwayne with his future DL coach at UM, Bob Karmelowicz. The only thing he said about Dwayne was that he was "fast." Did not say anything else. I took it from that that he did not regard him as a great DL prospect, but somebody they would try to develop. The emergence of Sapp as a DL was a surprise.
If Rock was Fast...then Sapp was Usain Bolt...Not even Jerome was faster off the snap...

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Rock was Fast...then Sapp was Usain Bolt...Not even Jerome was faster off the snap...
I remember one play where he basically tackled the QB/RB during the exchange. The announcer said someone needed to check that he wasn't supposed to get the handoff.

It's those special players like Sapp, Reed, and Hester that really make the game fun to watch.

I remember one play where he basically tackled the QB/RB during the exchange. The announcer said someone needed to check that he wasn't supposed to get the handoff.

It's those special players like Sapp, Reed, and Hester that really make the game fun to watch.
In 98 I was talking to Butch (who was Jerome's DL Coach)..and missed coaching Sapp by a yr...told me he never saw anything like Sapp....I was kinda surprised he didn't say Jerome (Who he Loved)....Erickson said he'd have to remove Sapp from practices, so the Off could move the FB past the LOS...

Advertisement
The Rock said he was always very self conscious about it , there’s actually a scientific term for what he had. I guess it’s a breast reduction lol

Was it steroid-induced ***** **** or he just naturally had man-boobies?

Advertisement
In all my yrs of watching UM FB (44yrs) I never saw a DL performance like Sapps against Nebraska in 95....He threw Frazier and Berringer (RIP)..around like rag dolls for 3 1/2 quarters, until exhaustion took over in the 4th....3 of our DL were banged up...Riley was out...and Holmes and Lang were hurt...even Rock was hurt...
And our ******* OL couldn't block **** to get a 1st down in the 4th Quarter

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back