PREDICT MIAMI'S RECORD

• 7-5 or worse

• 8-4

• 9-3

• 10-2 or better

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 6-4 against them in our last 10 and 3-5 in Charlottesville since we joined the ACC. It’s not a layup no matter how much better we are on paper.
I get that, but this is gonna be their worst team in the last 5 years. And we no longer have a Manny defense.

Advertisement
If we only imp 1 game with this staff I will be very disappointed. They’ve got to finish 9-3 minimum.

I'm being a realist and saying 8-4. New run first offensive system, Lack of good WRs, Losses to TAM and Clemson. And a couple games we shouldn't lose such as UNC or VT and UVA. FSU could be a nail biter as well. So I think we drop 2 games we shouldn't just because we always do

I have us a 9-3, 10-2 if Mario is able to get some ghosts out of these players.

Losses to the Aggies, Clemson and UNC. Aggies and Clemson are simply too talented for us to match up against them and they will eventually win. They won't be blowouts, but its going to be a dogfight where they have more talented players coming in and making a difference. Unless our defense generates a ****load of turnovers.

We lose at UNC because we haven't won against them in a hot minute.

Outside of that, we should win every game based on talent and coaching differences.

Advertisement
Undefeated and playoff bound. 🤗😂 Why the **** not. If we lose two or three, I’ll still love having Mario here and our future is bright. Texas A&M and Clemson should beat us. We should have beat a lot of teams we didn’t in previous years. Magic does happen. I’ll take an All American CB and Thorpe award too fwiw. TVD invited to NYC for the Heisman would be nice. Canes

Last edited:
QB makes the team better. Been missing a really elite guy at the position and I think we found our guy. Stack that with a coach that has actually gotten to and won important games and it is hard not to see why the floor on our season is high.

Our toughest opponent is TAMU and that is one of those any given Saturday games but look; I consider Clemson in rebuilding year. They are gutted in key leadership roles and their QB is a bust. Nobody fears them like they used to and schools like NCSU already have their number. Raleigh sports radio is ready for the rematch and they truly believe they have the roster--and they do--to twopeat against the Tigers. While NCSU busy oogling at finally finding their **** and balls, all I hear about is Dabo *****ing about NIL and there were even some talking heads saying maybe Dabo not really into it like he used to be because of the recruiting challenges the NIL has brought. If we are 10-0 or 9-1 by the time we reach Clemson and we aren't gassed up to beating that *** then HCC has deeper problems to address.

Looking down the schedule, who else?

Pitt?--completely gutted. New OC, new QB, bunch of people left. I have serious doubt about Pitt being repeat contenders this year.
UNC?--Mack Browned and clowned Diaz all throughout his life and Miami was one of them "6's" in their 6-7 record last year as a result. I think our team has improved. Growing pains maybe but we have got a better team and we host.
FSU? "Fourth School Up" after Miami, Florida, and UCF. With turnover, lack of stellar recruiting, and just an overall clown show.
uVA? One of those quiet sleeper teams sitting in the corner smoking a blunt. Realistically should be our top threat in the ACC as we usually get ****ed passing over the games we gloss over and that nobody is really excited for or mention much.

Perhaps a Kool-Aid homer post...I'll admit it. Who plays the lottery and doesn't dream about what they'd do with that money? Same here for me. Pre-season, I get that hype up and go a little all in. Sue me. 11-1.

Advertisement
8-4. Would have felt considerably better about the possibility of a 10 win season with a different OC
I can’t say he doesn’t give me trepidation, because of the where he’s coming from. However, is it him or Mario that concerns you more 🤔

I can’t say he doesn’t give me trepidation, because of the where he’s coming from. However, is it him or Mario that concerns you more 🤔
I guess the combo of the two. When all the candidates, of course not sure who all was actually one or not, were being leaked for OC they were spread guys. I was happy af that it seemed as though Mario had admitted to himself broball wasn't the way here. Then....he hired Joe Moorehead's disciple and it was painfully obvious that in fact that hadn't happened at all. Gattis hasn't actually run Miami's offense yet so I'm holding out a sliver of hope about him changing his scheme to our players, but in all honesty I highly doubt that's what is going to happen. He was brought here to do what he and Mario do.

I guess the combo of the two. When all the candidates, of course not sure who all was actually one or not, were being leaked for OC they were spread guys. I was happy af that it seemed as though Mario had admitted to himself broball wasn't the way here. Then....he hired Joe Moorehead's disciple and it was painfully obvious that in fact that hadn't happened at all. Gattis hasn't actually run Miami's offense yet so I'm holding out a sliver of hope about him changing his scheme to our players, but in all honesty I highly doubt that's what is going to happen. He was brought here to do what he and Mario do.
I think most of us feel the same way. Cautiously optimistic… sigh
I hope it’s all wasted energy on our parts.

Advertisement
10-2 Miami tackles better. Makes less mistakes and penalties. Runs the ball better. Has possibly an all American QB. Kicking game should be real good. Lastly player development..

9-3 is my official precocktion. I'll even hang my nuts out there like this:

Buffoon 63-7 -- WIN
Southern **** 37-23 -- WIN
@ Texas 8&4 23-27 -- LOSS
Middle Bum**** St 30-13 -- WIN
UNC 37-27 -- WIN
@ ****** Tech 27-20 -- WIN
Duke 48-10 -- WIN
@ ****** 31-34 -- LOSS
FSU 30-20 -- WIN
@ Ga Tuck 41-17 -- WIN
@ Clumpson 17-31 -- LOSS
Putt 30-24 -- WIN

9-3 regular season record. 6-2 in the ACC.

Have the Corstal wrapped up even before the last game and we beat Pitt anyway.

Lose a little closer game vs Blumpkin in Charlotte.

Win the Orange Bowl.
We fuccin so we aint losing to ******!! 10-2

Advertisement
9-3

Losses to aTm, Clemson, and some team we have no business losing to like Virginia Tech. First year lessons for Mario and a new staff that will have us in the running next year.

If we somehow start the season beating aTm, I can see us running the table.

Last edited:
9-3
Clemson, A&M, fricken UVA.

11-3
We beat NC St. in the ACCCG
We beat ND in the Orange Bowl.

We’ll lose 1 game we’re favored in.

I picked ****** because it’s on the road the week before the FSU game and they have an excellent QB.
This.
Also, if it has to be, it’s our “best“ 3rd loss and means we beat UNC and Pitt (and FSU).

10-2, I think we beat ATM or Clemson but slip up somewhere else.

7-5 last year with 3 close wins and 3 close losses. Plus we don’t have a definite loss on the schedule this year like Bama.

With Steele and Strong now taking over the 2 most troublesome areas of our defense it will be a huge step up on that side of the ball.

We still have TVD a possible first round pick and Heisman contender leading the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back