🚨🚨 ¡ MIKE RUMPH ! 🚨🚨

IDGAF the first person on this staff that needs to be fired is Patke. Banda can be ST coach or something. It's not like Patke is some expert in how our kicker/punters need to be using their plant foot and the gunner need to be running down the fiel...

Next if our defense doesn't perform or Diaz needs to take back over with playcalling is Baker. I will never understand having 3 Linebacker coaches (Diaz, Baker - ILBs, and Patke - Striker). At least Baker seems to have recruited some LBs, Patke hasn't done **** I don't think.

Rumph I'd want to replace him with someone better at actually teaching the position, but that'll definitely cost more money. I'm fine with having One teacher and one recruiter for DB coaches, as long for the recruiter recruits S and CBs at a high level and the teacher teaches both at a high level. They gotta pick up eachothers slack.

Rumph has been a pretty good teacher.

Advertisement
IDGAF the first person on this staff that needs to be fired is Patke. Banda can be ST coach or something. It's not like Patke is some expert in how our kicker/punters need to be using their plant foot and the gunner need to be running down the fiel...

Next if our defense doesn't perform or Diaz needs to take back over with playcalling is Baker. I will never understand having 3 Linebacker coaches (Diaz, Baker - ILBs, and Patke - Striker). At least Baker seems to have recruited some LBs, Patke hasn't done **** I don't think.

Rumph I'd want to replace him with someone better at actually teaching the position, but that'll definitely cost more money. I'm fine with having One teacher and one recruiter for DB coaches, as long for the recruiter recruits S and CBs at a high level and the teacher teaches both at a high level. They gotta pick up eachothers slack.

Rumph has been an excellent on field teacher.

OK, and that's a very fair sentiment. That is something we can all get behind.

I think Rumph has taken some steps forward by working with a performance coach on the recruiting issues. I'm not sure if, for 2020-2021, we just kinda said "hey, this is super-important, let's put all our best guys on the job and let Rumph observe", but I do think there will come a time (soon) when Rumph will be asked to do more recruiting, and it could be more of a "publish or perish" type situation.

And I definitely agree with you on the turn-around-for-the ball scenario, as well as the dropping-easy-INTs problem.

It's just weird to be so good for 2 years, and then have a drop-off, with largely the same personnel, scheme, and coaches. I think a lot of it has to do with situational stuff. If you think about it, I do believe that the 2019 drop-off in INTs is due to the fact that we were not jumping out to early leads, which causes the other team to throw the ball more, and with more desperation. I honestly believe that if pEnos had staked us to more leads, the secondary would have feasted on INTs last year.
I've stated this in the past that no one should underestimate the loss of Willis. When he left, it meant the end of three years (including the time with McIntosh) of consistent inside pressure in passing situations. A QB makes a lot of rushed decisions and errant throws when someone is ready to pound him on an inside rush. Most said, we're good, we have animals on the edge. And it came at a time when we were breaking in new CBs and safeties.

That's why I feel it's great we got Kinchens, Williams, B. Smith and all. But Taylor is by far the most important recruit.

Of course being on the field so much didn't help

Sustainable? Position coaches and staffers move on all the time. Banda is still on staff. If you think everyone will leave all at once, I'm not saying it will never happen, but then you have to hire other guys. Losing 3 high-quality recruiters, and then immediately replacing them, would not be ideal, but I'm not sure how that turns Rumph from a "good coach, not so great recruiter" into "fire him immediately". Seems like it would be better to just hire three good (new) recruiting guys.

If Rumph was just not so great at recruiting it wouldn't even be an issue. The issue is he's absolutely one of the worst recruiters to come through Miami. And I disagree on him being a good teacher. He's average at best in that area. Some coaches are so good technically that you can ignore their recruiting but Rumph isn't at that level yet.

Advertisement
Much of what you're talking about are missed evaluations and faulty recruiting strategy. I still don't understand Golden's thinking when he blew off Chad Wilson (a legacy no less) and screwed the pooch with the whole clan. I don't understand getting the core of our class signed with the "very good local players" (that are not jags) before chasing the 5*s. After all that where our bread and butter was at back in the day.

My point is that it's been an issue for some time. That's the situation that Rumph walked into, someone who's to begin with is a "recruiting-challenged" individual. He's part of it now but you can't hang all of it on him.
Fair enough

So in your eyes Rumph should’ve made him a day one pic?

How did you come up with that conclusion from what I said? Mike Jack had NFL potential period. Never claimed he should’ve been an early round pick.....which he had a little hype for during his junior season in his own right.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Rumph was just not so great at recruiting it wouldn't even be an issue. The issue is he's absolutely one of the worst recruiters to come through Miami. And I disagree on him being a good teacher. He's average at best in that area. Some coaches are so good technically that you can ignore their recruiting but Rumph isn't at that level yet.

You're wrong on both counts. Yes, he missed on 4 CBs, but he is not one of the worst recruiters to come through Miami (****, trust me on this, I actually spent some time listening to D'Onofrio recruit, and it was one of the worst experiences of my life).

And Rumph is a very good teacher. Literally, all of the guys who have played for him will tell you. Well, maybe not Bethel. But everyone else.

Mike isn’t a good recruiter , that is no secret. If you don’t believe that then we can’t talk and are wasting each other’s time. You obviously have a major bias for whatever reason.

That being said I’ve never said he needs fired , he’s a good teacher and a great dude. Obviously we’ve learned to work around his recruiting issues. Banda , DVD and Cooney are picking up a lot of the slack. They get recruiting and like , mike .....not so much.

So yeah it’s the funny joke to make and I’ll continue to do it but everything seems to be going just fine. It’s a young staff including the hc, they’ve made adjustments.
What makes Mike not a good recruiter and banda, Cooney or DVD good ones? That's rationale I can't wait to hear. At a certain point people gotta start going off of what they actually know. Not what some random individuals say on a board... That's not u cribby you know we good but in general I'd love to hear that answer. It'll be he missed this person and that person and this kid he had relationships with etc. But it'll never be that same standard for other coaches. On here y'all create urban legends out of *** clowns. Like someone on this staff if nak soon cow or babayaga. Every single coach has hits and misses. Crazy **** to me is these clowns on here throw **** at Mike for his recruiting yet nothing ever at these waste of spots for coaches who can apparently recruit but can't coach for ****... How the fvck does that work. Great they recruit some kid who should be good then waste his 4 years in college because they can't coach so the kid never develops? Fvck u mean? Two sides to every coin brother. And by the way alot of the hits you all give credit to these other people for Mike is heavily involved in... You all hear 5% of something than lock on to it. C'mon bruh. Y'all smarter than that.

Advertisement
What makes Mike not a good recruiter and banda, Cooney or DVD good ones? That's rationale I can't wait to hear. At a certain point people gotta start going off of what they actually know. Not what some random individuals say on a board... That's not u cribby you know we good but in general I'd love to hear that answer. It'll be he missed this person and that person and this kid he had relationships with etc. But it'll never be that same standard for other coaches. On here y'all create urban legends out of *** clowns. Like someone on this staff if nak soon cow or babayaga. Every single coach has hits and misses. Crazy **** to me is these clowns on here throw **** at Mike for his recruiting yet nothing ever at these waste of spots for coaches who can apparently recruit but can't coach for ****... How the fvck does that work. Great they recruit some kid who should be good then waste his 4 years in college because they can't coach so the kid never develops? Fvck u mean? Two sides to every coin brother. And by the way alot of the hits you all give credit to these other people for Mike is heavily involved in... You all hear 5% of something than lock on to it. C'mon bruh. Y'all smarter than that.
Who are these coaches that can't coach?

Advertisement
Back