🚨🚨 ¡ MIKE RUMPH ! 🚨🚨

No the haters are referencing us being on the brink of a catastrophe because of no cb depth. We’ve been grad transfers away from going into seasons with 3-4 cb’s. You know why ? Because Rumph misses on everyone, hence why we’ve gotten him help. There was 3 cb’s last year and two true fr. One being a stick. I’m not sure some of y’all realize the razor we’ve been walking since he’s been here. We’ve stayed super healthy, thank god.

We took arguably the best wr in south fla ( sfla wr’s opinion) and put him at cb, with very little experience. You know why ? You guessed it.

Having horrible cb numbers the last few years is because of cb recruiting, we need **** near twice as many cb’s as we’ve carried since he showed up.

Fact is if he wasn’t a former cane everyone would be spitting a different tune. You’re biased, and pretty much blind if you haven’t seen an issue before now. Manny did and that’s why he fixed it.

Btw I said pake sucks too but cb is just more important so of course people are paying more attention to Rumph.

I don’t want anyone fired , I think we’ve adjusted and have the better recruiters carrying the load. But if you don’t think there’s been a major issue at cb recruiting you’re eating paint chips. It’s been staring you in the face.
But doesn’t diaz set the number of corners to take? And the last couple years a guy like ivins has reported the low number of guys they wanted. Like last year he was saying they only wanted 2 guys. Why not 3?

Advertisement
Mike Rumph is just the definition of an average coach. That’s all. Shouldn’t hate him. Shouldn’t love him. He’s just there.
Don’t understand why mist don’t see this. If he wasn’t a Cane he’d be fired already. Funny thing is DVD already liked and respected more than he will ever be in the local community.

Rumph is like the dude who doesn't know what to say to a girl he tryna f**k and asks his friends what to say. That's Banda on Rumphs phone texting Marshall

worms.gif

He has to be removed from staff or demoted if this is the case. Or moved to special teams. There is no reason you have a guy on staff like this in a MAJOR position role. He’s a decent teacher. Nothing earth shattering.
Should be posted in the Rumph thread. ;) This is the Marshall thread.

Advertisement
IMO the misses the haters referring to, Surtain, Campbell, Jobe and Stevenson rejected the U standing as a program not an indictment of Rumph. They all choose to go to alabaga and jawga. Both programs top 4 playoffs teams and us with below average facilities, Golden and Richt as HC. Them not coming had nothing to do with Rumph and everything to do with the status of the program.
I can go down the list. But I won’t, why? Because the issue isn’t just “top targets” missed. His biggest target he is accredited to isn’t even a DB. It’s Nesta. Blades jr is next but he’s literally Cane royalty. After that Keonta and Frierson were primarily recruited by Banda. So the fact that Rumph aims at these big targets and whiffs and tries to double back to local or small time studs and whiffs again is our issue. Fact is Rumph waits 12 mins before NSD is done to grab a decent to great player L... and this is each year. Kudos to him for grabbing CW4 last min kudos to him for grabbing that Cb last year. Why couldn’t he literally do this the entire year. Instead of waiting til the 11th hr.

Advertisement
But doesn’t diaz set the number of corners to take? And the last couple years a guy like ivins has reported the low number of guys they wanted. Like last year he was saying they only wanted 2 guys. Why not 3?

Ok , he wanted to go into the season with 3 cb’s with experience? Ok.....

Bethel was the huge orange and green elephant staring you in the face. We took a guy that was viewed as a wr prospect by everyone , a guy sfla cb’s said was unguardable yet Miami took at cb. Because they were beyond dumpster diving, Every year everyone is holding their breath the last month of recruiting saying “ I hold Rumph can at least grab the late cb he’s known to get lol.

I normally stay out of these threads until I see the same six people going into excuse over drive. Majority of fans fans know this is an issue . **** Liberty and gogetw have posted that.

Like I said in another thread , I’m not wasting my time arguing with a minority of people who can’t see facts staring them in the face. But hey you can pound your chest after getting Marshall even though we all know the truth about it. Score one for Rumph,

I can go down the list. But I won’t, why? Because the issue isn’t just “top targets” missed. His biggest target he is accredited to isn’t even a DB. It’s Nesta. Blades jr is next but he’s literally Cane royalty. After that Keonta and Frierson were primarily recruited by Banda. So the fact that Rumph aims at these big targets and whiffs and tries to double back to local or small time studs and whiffs again is our issue. Fact is Rumph waits 12 mins before NSD is done to grab a decent to great player L... and this is each year. Kudos to him for grabbing CW4 last min kudos to him for grabbing that Cb last year. Why couldn’t he literally do this the entire year. Instead of waiting til the 11th hr.

Save your energy and time.

Don’t understand why mist don’t see this. If he wasn’t a Cane he’d be fired already. Funny thing is DVD already liked and respected more than he will ever be in the local community.

Not true.

Pass defense stats have been posted. We can rail against missing on 4 CBs over 3 years ago, but you can't dispute the statistical production that exceeds the overall level (at least as evaluated and rated while in high school).

Advertisement
I'm not saying Banda gets zero credit. But that dipsh!te was giving Rumph zero credit for safeties.

There is overlap. I've never said their isn't. But, again, the safeties are NOT picking UM for Banda's history of developing safeties. And the safeties who get drafted have definitely been developed and coached, in a significant way, by Rumph.

That's just the truth. People trying to look at job titles and then "give credit" or "give zero credit" on that basis are being ridiculous. Most defensive staffs have 1 DBs coach, so to act as if Rumph is only allowed to talk/work with CBs and not safeties is insane.

Banda recruits all over the place. He was huge on Chaneys recruitment for an example. He’s huge in Marshall with the cooneys. As I’ve posted to nauseasm he’s spread all over the place because him and fields are the best guys.

Rumph has admitted he saw a shrink to help with recruiting, at least he saw the issue.

Ok , he wanted to go into the season with 3 cb’s with experience? Ok.....

Bethel was the huge orange and green elephant staring you in the face. We took a guy that was viewed as a wr prospect by everyone , a guy sfla cb’s said was unguardable yet Miami took at cb. Because they were beyond dumpster diving, Every year everyone is holding their breath the last month of recruiting saying “ I hold Rumph can at least grab the late cb he’s known to get lol.

I normally stay out of these threads until I see the same six people going into excuse over drive. Majority of fans fans know this is an issue . **** Liberty and gogetw have posted that.

Like I said in another thread , I’m not wasting my time arguing with a minority of people who can’t see facts staring them in the face. But hey you can pound your chest after getting Marshall even though we all know the truth about it. Score one for Rumph,
What I’m saying is based on the action or non action by diaz it didn’t seem to bother him. They didn’t go after any transfer corners or juco guys. I think he is ok with corner numbers because the striker is playing a lot and is basically the nickel.

And the bethel situation is the staff fell in love with him at a camp. They took him in the 2018 class with blades, Ivey, and frierson at the time.

Advertisement
Rumph should have been fired the minute he whiffed on PS2 & Tyson Campbell, and should have already been in the dog house for the fake alpha move he tried to pull on CJ Henderson. Meanwhile here we are years later, with awful CB depth and some of you still defending him. Now my biggest concern is some SEC school or FSU is going to come in an swipe DVD from us, while we're stuck with our pants down with Rumph.

No the haters are referencing us being on the brink of a catastrophe because of no cb depth. We’ve been grad transfers away from going into seasons with 3-4 cb’s. You know why ? Because Rumph misses on everyone, hence why we’ve gotten him help. There was 3 cb’s last year and two true fr. One being a stick. I’m not sure some of y’all realize the razor we’ve been walking since he’s been here. We’ve stayed super healthy, thank god.

We took arguably the best wr in south fla ( sfla wr’s opinion) and put him at cb, with very little experience. You know why ? You guessed it.

Having horrible cb numbers the last few years is because of cb recruiting, we need **** near twice as many cb’s as we’ve carried since he showed up.

Fact is if he wasn’t a former cane everyone would be spitting a different tune. You’re biased, and pretty much blind if you haven’t seen an issue before now. Manny did and that’s why he fixed it.

Btw I said pake sucks too but cb is just more important so of course people are paying more attention to Rumph.

I don’t want anyone fired , I think we’ve adjusted and have the better recruiters carrying the load. But if you don’t think there’s been a major issue at cb recruiting you’re eating paint chips. It’s been staring you in the face.

giphy.gif

What I’m saying is based on the action or non action by diaz it didn’t seem to bother him. They didn’t go after any transfer corners or juco guys. I think he is ok with corner numbers because the striker is playing a lot and is basically the nickel.

And the bethel situation is the staff fell in love with him at a camp. They took him in the 2018 class with blades, Ivey, and frierson at the time.

You’re the guy that told me one time “ I hate Rumph”, even though I’ve only spoke nothing but positives about him as a man. Nothing personal has ever been typed by me. But I “ hate him”. That shows you were we’re both coming from.

I speak off of facts and data and you say I hate him. Let that sink in. Even though a high majority of cane fans say the same thing, they’re “ haters “.

You’re biased , which is cool.

But I’m not wasting my time with the same 6 people.

I was there. That was a stinger. Pedo State fans really think highly of themselves. James Jackson got the first down on the series before that, terrible spot.

Go Canes!

Happened right in front of me, my tickets have always been on the "away" side. I remember when I saw our defensive formation, I was screaming for the team to look out for Fields (during the pre-game warmups, Fields stood out to me for his height and he seemed to catch everything thrown to him). I know a lot of people like to blame Rumph and/or Reed, but think about all the factors.

1. This was one of the key games where people criticized (in this case rightly) Butch's game management. Butch bypassed a 39 yard FG attempt for Crosland in order to go for it on 4th down, which we didn't make. Had we made the FG, we'd have had a 7 point lead and enough time to talk about defensive strategy during the ensuing kickoff. Instead, we had to rush the defense out for a change-of-possession, and we didn't even call a TO. It was approximately 35 (real-life) seconds in between the time of the 4th down measurement and the Ped State snap of the ball.

2. Lots of people try to blame Ed for being too close to the line, but look at Schiano's play-call, he had two of the three players in the LB area (and to be honest, I think one was a DB and only 2 were LBs) standing up on either hip of our right-side defensive end and the third player in the LB area was just behind the DTs and blitzed. We sent five rushers when we had Ped State on their own 20 with 1:52 to go, and we gave a look like we were going to send even more. Not sure why. There was really no threat of Ped State running the ball and a QB is usually less worried about blitz pressure on 1st and 10 knowing he has a few extra downs to work with if he has to throw it away.

3. Ped State lined up with 2 WRs to the right and Chafie Fields to the left, one TE on the left and a RB in the backfield (and he went left to block). There was no motion. From the live play, it looked like Ed started out to the 2-WR side and maybe moved to the middle, but there was no safety wide in the area that Fields, the TE, or (possibly) the RB would be going. Rumph was on an island. We had 10 guys within 6 yards of the LOS at the snap, with 80 yards to go to win and 1:52 left on the clock.

4. I wouldn't say that Reed was loafing on the play, but the slo-mo replay DEFINITELY shows him speeding up once he sees Fields catch the ball and break Rumph's diving arm tackle. If Reed ran at full speed from the time the ball was thrown, I think Reed makes the tackle around our 35 yard line. Reed had the angle and he just looked faster than Fields after he started running full speed.

5. We dropped 6 into coverage for 5 eligible receivers. Not sure if I mentioned this, but Ped State had to go 80 yards in 1:52.

6. After Ped State went up 27-23, Kenny Kelly had TWO interceptions in the final 1:41 of the game (the second one with 35 seconds left).

Advertisement
Back