🚨🚨 ¡ MIKE RUMPH ! 🚨🚨

first time in years we had relatively green secondary which didnt help. when bolden came in secondary got better but then he got hurt. as the year went on, we improved overall back there esp as hall got comfortable
You mean as the year went on, Manny had to step in and be hands on with the defense. Never forget....

Advertisement
IMO the misses the haters referring to, Surtain, Campbell, Jobe and Stevenson rejected the U standing as a program not an indictment of Rumph. They all choose to go to alabaga and jawga. Both programs top 4 playoffs teams and us with below average facilities, Golden and Richt as HC. Them not coming had nothing to do with Rumph and everything to do with the status of the program.

Someone pull up the Michael Jackson thread when he commited and let’s see who predicted that he would be in the nfl right now.

Advertisement
Ummm the great Lito shepherd.......ever heard of him?

Funny story I dated his sister in laws sister. True story bro.

Brian Dawkins?
Someone pull up the Michael Jackson thread when he commited and let’s see who predicted that he would be in the nfl right now.

He was a 4star recruit with length on some sites. I never understood why ppl didn’t think he wouldn’t make it to the NFL.

Well, ur doing the same thing with out info to back u up! Your giving us ur opinion as if its facts, so who cares that other teams have 1 db coach,its not us so what's ur point? both safeties and cornerbacks are getting coached up here.

Are you ******* kidding me? I provided a ton of stats and facts. I've observed Rumph coaching and I've heard plenty of sources (who are closer to the program than you are) talk of coaching specifics.

Can I type that out the same way I can type out the NCAA defensive rankings? No.

Just keep deluding yourself into believing that Banda is some kind of safety coach-savant.

Advertisement
IMO the misses the haters referring to, Surtain, Campbell, Jobe and Stevenson rejected the U standing as a program not an indictment of Rumph. They all choose to go to alabaga and jawga. Both programs top 4 playoffs teams and us with below average facilities, Golden and Richt as HC. Them not coming had nothing to do with Rumph and everything to do with the status of the program.

No the haters are referencing us being on the brink of a catastrophe because of no cb depth. We’ve been grad transfers away from going into seasons with 3-4 cb’s. You know why ? Because Rumph misses on everyone, hence why we’ve gotten him help. There was 3 cb’s last year and two true fr. One being a stick. I’m not sure some of y’all realize the razor we’ve been walking since he’s been here. We’ve stayed super healthy, thank god.

We took arguably the best wr in south fla ( sfla wr’s opinion) and put him at cb, with very little experience. You know why ? You guessed it.

Having horrible cb numbers the last few years is because of cb recruiting, we need **** near twice as many cb’s as we’ve carried since he showed up.

Fact is if he wasn’t a former cane everyone would be spitting a different tune. You’re biased, and pretty much blind if you haven’t seen an issue before now. Manny did and that’s why he fixed it.

Btw I said pake sucks too but cb is just more important so of course people are paying more attention to Rumph.

I don’t want anyone fired , I think we’ve adjusted and have the better recruiters carrying the load. But if you don’t think there’s been a major issue at cb recruiting you’re eating paint chips. It’s been staring you in the face.

No the haters are referencing us being on the brink of a catastrophe because of no cb depth. We’ve been grad transfers away from going into seasons with 3-4 cb’s. You know why ? Because Rumph misses on everyone, hence why we’ve gotten him help. There was 3 cb’s last year and two true fr. One being a stick. I’m not sure some of y’all realize the razor we’ve been walking since he’s been here. We’ve stayed super healthy, thank god.

We took arguably the best wr in south fla ( sfla wr’s opinion) and put him at cb, with very little experience. You know why ? You guessed it.

Having horrible cb numbers the last few years is because of cb recruiting, we need **** near twice as many cb’s as we’ve carried since he showed up.

Fact is if he wasn’t a former cane everyone would be spitting a different tune. You’re biased, and pretty much blind if you haven’t seen an issue before now. Manny did and that’s why he fixed it.

Btw I said pake sucks too but cb is just more important so of course people are paying more attention to Rumph.

I don’t want anyone fired , I think we’ve adjusted and have the better recruiters carrying the load. But if you don’t think there’s been a major issue at cb recruiting you’re eating paint chips. It’s been staring you in the face.

Wait which WR was playing CB???

Advertisement
Great person. I can’t stress it enough. If I had a son, I’d want my kid to play for him.

Might be the best guy on the staff , great dude. Good teacher too. Hence why I don’t want him fired, all of that matters.

But that doesn’t change the point. I’m amazed this is even a debate but he’s a former cane so I get it.

Before the 1998 season a friend and I decided we wanted to choose a random person to be our favorite player, one that other people wouldn't choose. We chose Mike Rumph because he was a freshman and we figured we could root for him the longest. My parents wound up buying me a gameworn (presumably) jersey of his after that Freshman season. I was wearing that jersey in the rain in '99 during that Penn State game. I remember taking the jersey off as we left the OB because I didn't want fellow fans to talk **** to me since I was wearing his jersey. Nevertheless, I stuck by him, and at Canesfest (or whatever they called it that year) at the Orange Bowl, I was too embarassed to ask him sign the jersey. My uncle wound up getting Ed Hudak to run into the locker room after the field had been cleared to bring Mike back out and he looked surprised that I had a jersey of his to sign. But he signed it. And I was pretty stoked.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back