šŸ’© just got real. We're not F'ing around. If Mario can't do it, shut the program down.

after shalala's multi billion fund raising program ended, she actually raised a ton of money (vomit), the 20 year master plan for UM was submitted, negotiated with the City and approved. i'm too lazy to find it right now but it's online. And no, there is not 40,000 seat stadium approved in the master plan, but there are tons of buildings so UM doesnt have to go back to the city every time it wants to build a building except for final construction plans. anyways, i suspect you'll find in that master plan whether the towers are slated to come down. that's a lot of dorm rooms that would come down

They are already building the replacement for the Towers on that side of Lake Osceola. Supposedly, Eaton will be renovated as well. They should have enough rooms even without the Towers.

For the record, the on-campus football stadium was originally supposed to be where Lake Osceola is now, especially since there was never a lake there, just a canal. They dug out the dirt and sold it to the Rickenbacker Causeway, and then used the money to finish the Merrick Building.

As an undergrad, I knew about Foote's Master Plan for campus, and I know that Shalala had to do another one once all the fighting with the City of Coral Gables ended. I don't think a "replacement Hecht" was on the plan at the time, but even so, I think it's an easy "ask" of Coral Gables if you are just putting the new one in the same spot.

Advertisement
Went to the elite camp Saturday.
First and foremost...
Completely different energy around the program right now.

Some notes...

1. Elite prospects all over. I think we all knew that, but to see all these kids in person is a different ballgame. First thing Miami did after having kids/family sign in, is measure every prospects's height and weight. You had to do that before you even entered the building. I made the coaches do me, and after measuring in at 6'2" 307lbs they asked if I had any eligibility left to add to the DT depth. So if you guys see an unknown walk-on on the roster this spring, or a player on the sideline eating lemon pepper wings between possessions, you'll know who it is. I'm trying my best to get jersey #69.

2. We are no longer fvckin' around. There will be no more excuses. There is full investment and we are finally trying to play with the big boys. Mario revealed the plans for a completely new football building/facility. Mario requested no pics/videos so we weren't able to get shots of it...but it's serious. Bama level facilities. He said the building will likely be 4/5 stories high. THE BEST OF THE BEST. No stone unturned. Massive weight room with 20 built-in platforms and the entire wall will be made of glass, with a full view of the practice field. A ridiculous student lounge with the latest technology and videos games. A cafe that seats 150 people. The list goes on and on. It's simply much easier to just describe it as BEST OF THE BEST. Nobody will have the facility advantage on us anymore, including Bama.

3. I was told by Salavea and Stroud that we will be running a 4-front. It'll be a 4-2-5 structure. We we not be basing out of an Odd front, so we can throw those speculations out of the window. It's still possible that we could get Dorlus from Oregon. He will play mainly DE here. Salavea is not allowed to communicate with him any longer, so the ball is in Dorlus' court. We'd all love to see him come home, but Oregon is negative recruiting Miami and talking about how we don't even have a DC yet. I know Dorlus is tired of playing inside (DT) so much, but he kinda had to at Oregon. What he might fail to understand is, if he stays at Oregon he'll continue to play inside. Lanning is a 3-4 guy. At Miami he'll play outside. Salavea is pumped about the young talent at DT here, and really NEEDS Dorlus at DE. Let's hope the kid comes home. Salavea said he's an early round draft pick.

4. ENERGY, ENERGY, ENERGY! Everybody Mario has brought so far has big energy. Salavea gets pumped the **** up when he speaks about ball, very animated. Can't say whether he's better or worse than Simpson, but he's DIFFERENT. Simpson doesn't give you the feeling that he would ring your neck or that he could still suit up if he had to. Salavea, on the other hand, might walk into a kid's living room and scare him into signing with Miami.
Feld is a certified lunatic. When we arrived to the event, he had a group of players in the weight room lifting so we got to watch him in action. When we spoke in front of the crowd, he was the only one who declined to use a microphone. Dude would rather shout. He talked about neck strength, which was interesting, and placing an emphasis on core. Doesn't care to have a roster full of guys who can squat 600lbs but can't play ball and/or stay healthy or be explosive/flexible. One of the players I spoke to likes Feld much better than the last guy. He said the last guy was all about "punishing" players, and just working them, instead of being more focused on actual goals. (not verbatim, but that was the gist) He just said that Feld is more detailed. Words used to describe him were "lit" and "beast".

5. You can see how/why Mario's staff recruits well. Mirabal, Mario and Salavea are all very personable, humble and people oriented. None of that pompous/nerd energy that Manny and some of the former guys oozed from their skin. We literally had a discussion at the event about this issue. (a few HS guys and I) Mario gives off a much more genuine and personable energy. Even one of the position coaches kinda eluded to this. He also said that under Manny we were "figuring stuff out", like on the fly. Mario is like 'boom, boom, boom' this is WTF is going on. This is what happens when you hire an experienced/qualified guy.

6. THERE ARE NO MORE EXCUSES!!! Whatever resource Miami doesn't have, it's coming. We've got big-time people backing Mario. We've got money. We will soon have EVERYTHING the big dawg programs have. All the same toys. We also have a local 7-on-7 team full of elite talent that is funded/sponsored by Ruiz. That's a massive resource that many programs do not have. It's about to get A LOT harder for other schools to come down here and snatch our kids. AND IT'S ABOUT TO BECOME IMPOSSIBLE TO NEGATIVE-RECRUIT AGAINST MIAMI. They won't be able to point at our lack of resources, point at our facilities, point at our staff, etc. Plus we're fvckin' located in a world renowned city.

IF MARIO CAN'T DO THIS, PACK UP THE PROGRAM!!!
Because we're about to have everything we need. If the play-calling/coaching is halfway decent WE BACK.
Just entering this thread. You ***ing kidding me dog? This post got me pumped as ****. Been waiting to see this commitment to excellence for too **** long. Once I wipe the giz off my ceiling Iā€™ll read the other 13 pages. Thanks brother.

after shalala's multi billion fund raising program ended, she actually raised a ton of money (vomit), the 20 year master plan for UM was submitted, negotiated with the City and approved. i'm too lazy to find it right now but it's online. And no, there is not 40,000 seat stadium approved in the master plan, but there are tons of buildings so UM doesnt have to go back to the city every time it wants to build a building except for final construction plans. anyways, i suspect you'll find in that master plan whether the towers are slated to come down. that's a lot of dorm rooms that would come down
They were supposed to come down in 2020 but Covid f'd that up b/c so many kids needed single rooms to isolate.

When they level the towers they will demolish 1,700 beds, but in stages of 850 ( Hecht and then Stanford), and we just added 1,115 beds at the new Lakeside Village complex and we will build the Centennial Village (2,025 beds) where the towers are. So net net a lot more than we had just a year ago.

Then Pearson, Mahoney and Eaton are slated to get complete renovations/modernizations. Big things happening. Of course now that I just noticed who I am replying to - you probably know all this. :)

Cool link:

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dude, you orally fellate every coach we hire. This is your MO. These are your exact words - look familiar?

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...coach-epic-troll-job-tonight-by-manny.146172/
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...coach-epic-troll-job-tonight-by-manny.146172/

So I'm at the Nike coaching clinic in Orlando tonight. (notice I said Nike)

Willie Taggart is here with his whole FSU staff. After Willie gives his clinic, the whole FSU staff does "break out sessions" where all of the position coaches go into separate rooms and give their own short clinics.

So Manny Diaz and staff show up right before the breakout session in all of their Adidas gear and start throwing a full-on frat party (in a separate room) handing out free beers to all High School coaches...DURING FSU's BREAK OUT SESSION!! lol

So instead of the high school guys attending the FSU breakout sessions, they were all heading towards the Miami Hurricanes party. (Hello, free beer!)
Manny was tossing beers around to coaches, taking pictures, choppin' it up with the high school guys, etc.

Everybody was like "this is an epic, gangster *** stunt." LOL

Manny's response...
"This is what we're trying to bring back to The U, that F-U type of swagger."

They're leaving tomorrow morning. They came all this way just to crash FSU's clinic. LOL
What an epic move. And let me tell you something, he has this place buzzing right now. High School guys from all over the state are at this clinic and they're talking about Miami's stunt tonight.

OTHER TIDBITS FROM TONIGHT:

*Miami just offered Justin Hodges of Western High, a 6'2" Corner who's in the Blades family.

*The Mandarin QB really really likes Miami. He's not as much of a UF lean that people think he is. That's directly from a Mandarin High coach who's here.

*When talking about Miami, Manny basically said... the last two regimes were on something different. Golden was trying to make it Penn State and Richt was trying to make it Georgia. Manny just wants to let Miami be Miami. He wants dawgs and he wants Miami kids to "be Miami kids."

*This is how real Manny is...
My buddy is the HC at Western High. When Western upset Atlantic this year in the playoffs, Manny Diaz texted my buddy right after the game to congratulate him. My buddy didn't have a single player on his team with a Miami offer, and Manny still reached out to him. That's unheard of. Most college coaches don't even pay attention to you unless you have a player of their caliber. Manny is a visionary and extremely forward-thinking. In the event that my buddy does have a kid who is Miami caliber, you can bet your *** that my buddy wouldn't hesitate to send his kid to Manny/Miami. Manny clearly knows how important it is to establish relationships with the local high school coaches.

Coach has a track record for calling out coaches too when they start slipping. As fans we should give props to our staff when they are doing something well, even if itā€™s the beginning. No fan base hopes the new coach loses. I have no problem with Macho hyping the new staff because if they start falling short, heā€™ll be the first to call him out. Going back to the forum on scout, dude showed all the coaches the same gratitude at the beginning but once they showed that they werenā€™t the right guy, he always called them out. I think dudeā€™s name was ā€œWildcatā€ something on scout. Dude displayed the same optimism for RS, Golden, Richt, and Manny. He expressed the same level of criticism when they fell short too.

No fan base hopes the new coach loses.

intrigued baby says o rly GIF

I did not, personally. Wish we had iPhones back then. I never owned any photo equipment, but I was friends with people who did (I worked on the Hurricane and Ibis, and was even roommates with one of the photographers who shot nearly everything from that time on slide film). If you were there at the time, you might remember the knee-depth palm frond piles near the Fountain, and then Mulch Mountain out on Stanford Drive. I recall the semester started about 3 weeks late, right?

Technically, I was just starting my MBA and lived east of US 1 in an evac area, but I still had friends at Mahoney-Pearson and was able to ride out the storm with them, as very few people were on campus at that time, mostly those involved in Orientation, the Miami Hurricane newspaper, and WVUM. Plus all the RAs.

Mahoney-Pearson kept us boarded up and inside for about 48 hours, and then we ventured out to walk the campus. It was shocking and brutal to say the least, but fortunately most of the campus had buried power lines. South Miami and Kendall were not as lucky. A couple of my female friends from undergrad lived in an apartment near Dadeland that took a heavy hit. I started dating one of them a couple of months later, and we basically started living together in my apartment in Coral Gables.
Mr grandfather took this picture. It was taken two weeks after Andrew, in front of Hecht.
1643081613750.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
All the norm when u get Kyle fit... It's hysterical how even he conducted himself like he had a voice of reason on the field. Him and feeley would regularly be running up and down the sideline with in feeleys case que cards in hand and in Kyle's case a fruit cup

Was anxiously waiting for u to chime in on this. Lol

Sound incredible Macho, all of it.

Who did you go with? It's been a busy day and I don't have the time to read up on 12 pages.

Advertisement
At least ONE tree survived with most of its branches! Gotta love those naked palm trees, all over campus...
And it seemed like for every one palm tree that was felled, three more sprang up in their place.

We ended up with far more trees a year after that storm.

Ha. True story. My second span on campus, for Grad School, I actually saw our OL eat a ridiculous amount of Lo Mein and Orange chicken from Panda. It'd be like Chris Rutledge just towering over the well-known cashier. I always thought "****, that can't be good for our players,ā€ but went ahead and ordered the same.

I almost just threw up. I think that Panda is the most disgusting sh*t on earth.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back