“The way I see it, I’m already a Hurricane": UM commit Munoz goes in-depth on decision

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
While St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) 3-star DE/DT Jason Munoz had not been a known name in recruiting circles, the Miami Hurricanes were certainly aware of the local lineman. In fact, Jess Simpson had been attempting to get him into a camp setting for a while now to evaluate him up close. Munoz ended up showing up to Miami’s first summer camp of the season last weekend, and the rest is history: Munoz completely dominated the camp and earned a UM offer, which he accepted on the spot to become Miami’s 13th commitment in Surge19.

“It was an easy decision to make when they offered me. This is a dream come true for me,” Munoz said on his commitment. “The coaches were excited and they also took me into the locker room to put a jersey on and take some pictures.”

So soon after receiving the offer, what made Munoz comfortable enough to commit to the staff immediately?

“I was born and raised in Miami,” Munoz said. “I grew up a fan and always wished to come here.”

While Munoz plays both DE and DT at STA, he is expected to grow into a full-time DT at Miami. Canes’ fans will also be happy to hear Munoz is shutting his recruitment down from here on out. He says no other future offers could sway his decision.

“No chance,” Munoz said. “The way I see it, I’m already a Hurricane.”

Munoz is the third STA player to commit to the Canes in the 2019 class, joining linebackers Anthony Solomon and Avery Huff.

“Only Anthony Solomon so far,” Munoz said on who he’s talked to in the class. “Avery’s getting homeschooled right now. He’ll be at STA senior year. I think this class is looking real good.”

When asked if he had expectations for his freshman year at Miami, Munoz made clear that he is simply focusing on his upcoming season at STA.

“To be honest, I haven’t been thinking about that,” said Munoz. “I’ve been thinking more about this season coming up.”

Well, Munoz has actually been thinking about his senior year for quite some time now. He was robbed of his junior season in which many expected him to breakout, when he broke his leg in STA’s first game of the season. It’s clear Munoz is chomping at the bit to get back on the field as soon as possible and prove himself on the field.

“Just being able to dominate how I wanted to last year,” Munoz said on what’s he’s looking forward to about his last season in high school. “I’m 100% healthy now.”

And his messages to the Canes fans that have been following his recruitment?

“I would tell them I’m happy the coaching staff offered me even though I did not have any film from the last year because of my injury,” Munoz said. “And I’m happy to have the opportunity to make the crib great.”

Advertisement
This is the kind of attitude from a commit dat Canedog be looking four!!

Advertisement
If you aren’t excited about these Richt specials, you’re a star *****. Not all of them will be studs, but some of them are, at a minimum, liable to knock someone’s head off on special teams.

Why can't guys like Stevenson have a commitment to the home town like this. If you ain't coming have enough respect to let the staff know so they ain't wasting time. You **** well know where you going, show some maturing and class and just say so. This is for any recruit. Just disgusting these top kids waste so many peoples time.

“No chance,” Munoz said. “The way I see it, I’m already a Hurricane.” Absolutely love it, welcome to the U.

Advertisement
Why can't guys like Stevenson have a commitment to the home town like this. If you ain't coming have enough respect to let the staff know so they ain't wasting time. You **** well know where you going, show some maturing and class and just say so. This is for any recruit. Just disgusting these top kids waste so many peoples time.

Chill man

"Make the crib great." Nesta's gift that keeps on giving.

Welcome to the U, young man.

Great attitude.

It'd be nice if all our commits were like this, but that would take all the excitement out of it.

This kid understands the definition of 100%. Win more games this year 2020 and beyond will have more kids like this. Richt laying the foundation.

Advertisement
Kids who love this U will put on for this U. This is what it means to be committed. FOH w/ the I'm 100% committed for now. Wtf does that even mean?? Tired of this oxymoron statement made by dang near all of our commits.

Advertisement
Mark my words this kid is gonna be a special one...
whatphrase_32750_952256.gif

Advertisement
Back