“Decided Schematic Advantage” Alabama

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Looking at Alabama’s staff, it’s pretty safe to say they’re not gonna “out scheme” anyone.

I remember all the posts about the type of coaching you need to get through the playoff.

Alabama football announces:

Mike Locksley is OC
Tosh Lupoi is DC
Pete Golding is co-DC/ILB coach
Josh Gattis is co-OC/WR coach
Dan Enos is associate HC/QB coach
Craig Kuligowski is associate HC/DL coach
Joe Pannunzio is RB coach

Burton Burns moves into an off field role

Advertisement
Looking at Alabama’s staff, it’s pretty safe to say they’re not gonna “out scheme” anyone.

I remember all the posts about the type of coaching you need to get through the playoff.

Alabama football announces:

Mike Locksley is OC
Tosh Lupoi is DC
Pete Golding is co-DC/ILB coach
Josh Gattis is co-OC/WR coach
Dan Enos is associate HC/QB coach
Craig Kuligowski is associate HC/DL coach
Joe Pannunzio is RB coach

Burton Burns moves into an off field role

Is Nick Saban still the head coach?

Advertisement
In 2014, we only won 6 games but had 7 players to get drafted in the following draft. Yep, we had more drafted players than total of wins. COACHING MATTERS!

The point here may be that coaching matters as far as focus and motivation, but if you have the horses you don't need the great coaching minds. al had talent on the field, but couldn't get the best out of them so we sucked. Saban gets the best out of his guys almost every game so he doesn't need the best playcalling.

In 2014, we only won 6 games but had 7 players to get drafted in the following draft. Yep, we had more drafted players than total of wins. COACHING MATTERS!

When the talent is equal, coaching matters. When the coaching is equal, talent matters. When we were great, we were blessed with both. Dennis could coach but recruiting sucked so he ran out of talent and his coaching stop matting. Coker was bad HC but Butch left so much talent ihis coaching didn’t matter(although the staff was still good then).

Howard said then only thing Miami needed was a good coach. JJ preached players, but him and his staff certainly got out coached in two bowl games that cost us two NCs. I think you need both.

The point here may be that coaching matters as far as focus and motivation, but if you have the horses you don't need the great coaching minds. al had talent on the field, but couldn't get the best out of them so we sucked. Saban gets the best out of his guys almost every game so he doesn't need the best playcalling.
I see your point, but all of this is a part of coaching.

When the talent is equal, coaching matters. When the coaching is equal, talent matters. When we were great, we were blessed with both. Dennis could coach but recruiting sucked so he ran out of talent and his coaching stop matting. Coker was bad HC but Butch left so much talent ihis coaching didn’t matter(although the staff was still good then).

Howard said then only thing Miami needed was a good coach. JJ preached players, but him and his staff certainly got out coached in two bowl games that cost us two NCs. I think you need both.
This was my point.

Advertisement

Yes, with a true freshman quarterback who was a sitting duck in the pocket and more holes in the roster than swiss cheese. Games in the fall are won in February. Competent coaching gets the team to reach its potential.

Alabama has competent coaching, but they turn over coaches every single year. The continuity is Saban and his ability to have the #1 class just about every single year.

As long as Baga has Saban they will have a major schematic advantage on defense.

On offense their scheme is nothing remarkable but power football with 5* RBs and a dominant line will win you a lot of games when paired with an elite defense.

I see your point, but all of this is a part of coaching.

It's a huge part of coaching. If a guy is a great motivator he may be able to cover up a talent/scheme deficit. Basically you just need a balance of talent, motivation, execution, and scheme. It's fine to be low on one of those as long as you're high on the others.

saban does such a good job of the recruiting and motivating parts of coaching that he can cover for being weak on scheme. It might even be an advantage to him to keep the plays simple and out-talant/execute everybody else. I fckin hate that guy.

Advertisement
Meanwhile 4 out of our 10 coaches have 3 years of coaching experiences or less

Advertisement
5-stars behind 5-stars should equal titles....even if your boy Al was coaching with his pillar bullshyt.

I won't argue that coaching is important. The bozos we had here previously would have lost 3 games with Alabama's players. However, that 2014 team was super top heavy. Yes there were seven guys drafted but there were probably 30 guys on the roster who had no business suiting up in a Miami uniform. Not excusing the pathetic record, just saying that team wasn't exactly loaded top to bottom.

One thing you'll have to admit is whatever saban is doing its working.I'm an old cane with the old swagger .when are we going to quit crying about it and knock their butts off that perch.

Advertisement
Back