NFL ‘23 Draft

Advertisement
I have no problem with the gamble personally. Chris Ballard has job security and Shane signed a 6 year deal. The tools are there and the ceiling is sky high. All your points are extremely valid but for the colts you had to take a swing. The only sure fire QB in this draft went first. I’d rather the gamble you know. Worst case scenario? We draft high again soon and start over. His highs are so high man. He put some stuff on tape that made him a first rounder. The combine made him a top 5 pick
I think people are underrating him as a qb, he’s actually a good processor and has great pocket management. But this is stuff you would have to cut the tape on to see, his flashes are something u 100% bet on. And him being the best athlete on the field means something, yea its way more a qb needs to do but with this kind of athlete he can turn so many wrongs to right that most guys just cant do. The biggest concern for him is experience, once he gets more reps we will see his game continue to grow

I’ll trust my evals over Cis. And morocco brown is one of the best evaluators in football.. he dang near pointed a gun at Chris Ballard to draft AR. I’ve seen the tape that kid is gonna be good,
This is what burns me - Richardson was the Panthers' #2 QB, apparently (tape / traits / interviews).

They said they watched the tape and Young came out on top. They can't have watched the LSU / Georgia / Texas tape from this year, cos that's downright terrifying.

I think sadly the Colts have got their franchise QB.

I think people are underrating him as a qb, he’s actually a good processor and has great pocket management. But this is stuff you would have to cut the tape on to see, his flashes are something u 100% bet on. And him being the best athlete on the field means something, yea its way more a qb needs to do but with this kind of athlete he can turn so many wrongs to right that most guys just cant do. The biggest concern for him is experience, once he gets more reps we will see his game continue to grow
His biggest concern(s) are short accuracy (footwork) and experience.

He's going to get experience regardless. If you don't trust your QB Coach to fix his footwork then why are you employing him? People often forget the NFL Draft is about projection - what player will you be 3 years from now?

Really hoping one of these guys fall to Miami at 51

TE Michael Mayer
TE Darnell Washington
TE Sam Laporta
RT Dawand Jones
OG Steve Availa
IOL John Michael Schmitz
S Brian Branch
LB Trenton Simpson
CB Joey Porter

If Will Levis is still available at 51 which I doubt that would make things interesting

Advertisement
Out of all positions qb isn’t the one you draft purely on physical attributes and the combine . How you play the position and your intangibles matter as much or more.
He has the best pocket movement in the Draft and the best arm. Apparently he aced all the interviews (whiteboard / sit-down) too... so the physical attributes just put him over the top.

This is what burns me - Richardson was the Panthers' #2 QB, apparently (tape / traits / interviews).

They said they watched the tape and Young came out on top. They can't have watched the LSU / Georgia / Texas tape from this year, cos that's downright terrifying.

Brotha if they watched bryce’s tape from that lsu uga or texas game and came away with anything other than we are gonna draft him then that would be the concern for u guys.

Bryce is a baller, the concerns for him are just measurables stuff, it hasn’t been a big enough sample size to judge shorter qbs but from just a pure qb standpoint bryce is the one if u want a qb this draft

His biggest concern(s) are short accuracy (footwork) and experience.

He's going to get experience regardless. If you don't trust your QB Coach to fix his footwork then why are you employing him? People often forget the NFL Draft is about projection - what player will you be 3 years from now?
100% agree

I was seriously concerned about Carolina taking him at the top honestly. Frank reich and his rpo game was the perfect fit for him.

Advertisement
They are underrating him. A lot of his processes are correct. Florida did him no favors and he played with some scrubs this season and made plays. And he threw the ball away a lot more than the average QB. So his completion percentage is misleading

Agree he has the highest upside in the draft. It's not 1985 anymore, the NFL has changed where it's pretty much a 7 on 7 shootout and the throwing windows are a bit bigger then they used to be. Big Arm QBs who are elusive and can make **** happen outside of the pocket are all the rage. AR definitely needs to sit a season but his upside is off the charts if you can improve his accuracy. He will rely on his mobility early on until the rest of his game catches up.

I honestly don't get the love affair with AR at #4. Is there an NFL comparable of a guy (starter) who had such lackluster college production? Even Josh Allen had much better stats.

Then again, I would have shied away from Stroud as well.
Richardson is a great mystery until proven otherwise. Certainly has a lot of the "God givens " but. . . ?

1682715635898.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bergeron a good player but I didn't see him going high 2nd...

Also, someone please tell me what makes Will Levis any better than Clayton Tune or Max Duggan?

Advertisement
Back