NFL ‘23 Draft

It's all about receiver & OL in the modern NFL. If Carolina can get some talent on the line & at wideout I think Bryce will be OK.
He literally can't see over the OLine.

Teams will just keep him in the pocket and force him to make throws from a collapsing pocket.

We'll turn into a dink and dunk offence now - and for a player you've traded 5 premium players for, that's moronic.

Advertisement
I’ll trust my evals over Cis. And morocco brown is one of the best evaluators in football.. he dang near pointed a gun at Chris Ballard to draft AR. I’ve seen the tape that kid is gonna be good,

Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor

I’ll trust my evals over Cis. And morocco brown is one of the best evaluators in football.. he dang near pointed a gun at Chris Ballard to draft AR. I’ve seen the tape that kid is gonna be good,
Honestly could see him leading the Colts to a division title THIS YEAR. **** the gators but this kid is going to be a problem to defend.

Lions definitely seemed to take Gibbs and Campbell early, but i like the picks given the relative lack of depth at each position in the draft. With three second-rounders, Lions could still address tight end (Mayer or Washington), interior offensive line (OCyrus Torrence), interior defensive line (Keanu Benton), or defensive back (Tyrique!!!).

Advertisement
Agreed there’s a good foundation for them to build on and the colts are the perfect fit for it

Honestly could see him leading the Colts to a division title THIS YEAR. **** the gators but this kid is going to be a problem to defend.
Having to load up on he and JT in the backfield with Mike Pittman, Alex Pierce and jelani woods over the middle of the field.. they’re gonna be a lot of fun. That roster didn’t need much work

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s all my opinion and I’ve been wrong before and I will be again. That said, I think that kid is a future star
Drafting a qb that high that’s literally a toss up is moronic. He was drafted purely on his combine and physical traits , because his accuracy and progressions is ***. Guys like this you draft in the second and third round , not throwing your nuts on the chopping block as a GM. This is ALL OR NOTHING. On top of bad accuracy he has played very little football so it puts you in an even tougher spot. He needs PT / experience but he’s raw and needs plenty of coaching. Drafting that high they likely throw him out there early when he’s not ready.

“IF“ they sit him and coach him up I could see him being a quality player. I trust Steichen that much as a developer. But this isn’t Jalen Hurts who has an amazing work ethic and maturity. He’ll need more time.

This one will have no middle ground , it’s going to be a dumpster fire or a home run. That’s not how I want my team spending top picks. I guess we’ll see.

Advertisement
I honestly don't get the love affair with AR at #4. Is there an NFL comparable of a guy (starter) who had such lackluster college production? Even Josh Allen had much better stats.

Then again, I would have shied away from Stroud as well.
Out of all positions qb isn’t the one you draft purely on physical attributes and the combine . How you play the position and your intangibles matter as much or more.

Last edited:
Drafting a qb that high that’s literally a toss up is moronic. He was drafted purely on his combine and physical traits , because his accuracy and progressions is ***. Guys like this you draft in the second and third round , not throwing your nuts on the chopping block as a GM. This is ALL OR NOTHING. On top of bad accuracy he has played very little football so it puts you in an even tougher spot. He needs PT / experience but he’s raw and needs plenty of coaching. Drafting that high they likely throw him out there early when he’s not ready.

“IF“ they sit him and coach him up I could see him being a quality player. I trust Steichen that much as a developer. But this isn’t Jalen Hurts who has an amazing work ethic and maturity. He’ll need more time.

This one will have no middle ground , it’s going to be a dumpster fire or a home run. That’s not how I want my team spending top picks. I guess we’ll see.
I have no problem with the gamble personally. Chris Ballard has job security and Shane signed a 6 year deal. The tools are there and the ceiling is sky high. All your points are extremely valid but for the colts you had to take a swing. The only sure fire QB in this draft went first. I’d rather the gamble you know. Worst case scenario? We draft high again soon and start over. His highs are so high man. He put some stuff on tape that made him a first rounder. The combine made him a top 5 pick

I have no problem with the gamble personally. Chris Ballard has job security and Shane signed a 6 year deal. The tools are there and the ceiling is sky high. All your points are extremely valid but for the colts you had to take a swing. The only sure fire QB in this draft went first. I’d rather the gamble you know. Worst case scenario? We draft high again soon and start over. His highs are so high man. He put some stuff on tape that made him a first rounder. The combine made him a top 5 pick
I don’t think Ballard has nearly as much security as you think.

Out of all position qb isn’t the one you draft purely on physical attributes and the combine . How you play the position and your intangibles matter as much or more.

Yep, and there is loads of history of the NFL that backs it up. Are there exceptions? Sure.

Advertisement
Back