NFL ‘23 Draft

At this point that'd be high. He's probably not getting pick till late 20s now.
Bucs passed on Levis as well. There's always hyped guys that fall. Thought Richardson would be one too.

Bucs choose undersized DT Calijah Kancey 6-1, 281 from Pittsburgh. Hope he's an Aaron Donald clone. :)

Kancey is a disruptive run defender and explosive pass-rusher with the unique skill set to overcome his lack of size and length. His initial quickness, low center of gravity and ability to shoot his hands make it tougher to move him in the run game. He locates the ball, gets off blocks and chases with great effort. He has violent hands, explosive power and closing speed -- he ran the fastest 40-yard dash for a defensive tackle at the NFL combine since 2006 -- to get to the quarterback. -- Steve Muench

Advertisement
I was ****ed we traded out of 14 with him still on the board lol. Still ended up getting him and added a 4th to boot. Very happy now. If we can snag JSN or Flowers as well, this will be an A+ draft regardless of what else happens.
I was so dialed in on WR, I didn't even pay attention to Gonzalez...

Advertisement
I am sure Zay Flowers is happy he didn’t transfer into a Gattis offense. He possibly wouldn’t have been a first round pick. At the very least, his numbers would’ve sucked.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you’re going to be a sub 6’0 Corner you have to be a skilled in coverage or have elite traits that make up for it.

You can’t be a viable CB being short AND slow AND lacking coverage skills.

Height doesn’t necessarily preclude you from being a bad CB, but it’s an ideal; that doesn’t mean that every CB has to be 6’0 & higher, there’s plenty of smaller Corners who are very good in coverage, but it’s not the IDEAL physical prerequisite you’d want to have if you’re scouting a CB.

Like for instance, Malek Young was 5’8 but an absolute Pitbull in coverage, hence why despite his size he could play Outside & hold his own; but then you have a kid like Te’Cory Couch who is 5’9/5’10 & struggles immensely in coverage because he has poor technique coupled with not very good traits.

The same goes for taller CB’s who are are slow & can’t cover; it’s not the Height that determines the ability, but if you’re scouting/recruiting a CB you start with the Ideal H/W physical frame & then work your way back on the checklist.
Totally understandable. You pretty much explained it perfectly. And man to be completely honest, I actually forgot Malek was that short. **** I miss dude.

Levis must be absolute ******* dog****e if Detroit picks Gibbs and Campbell over him.
He’s the most turnover prone QB in the draft.

His last 5 games of the season:
- 16/27 98yds 0TD’s & 3INT’s vs Tenn
- 13/19 170yds 3TD’s vs Mizzou
- 11/23 109yds 0TD’s & 1INT vs Vandy
- 20/31 206yds 1TD & 1INT vs UGA
- 11/19 188yds 2TD’s s LVille

And when you do an in-depth breakdown of his film he really struggles reading coverages & seeing certain parts of the field.

His best fit is either New Orleans sitting behind Carr or with the Rams learning under Stafford back in the McVay Offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back