NFL ‘23 Draft

Advertisement
When you can play press man that well and allow 1 reception for -4 yds, I don’t care if you’re 4’11’’
Yeah... But he was 5'11 before we saw all of that. lol just saying, we got too many height lovers on this site.

I get it though, even our Head Coach love size(no pause).... Just saying.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah... But he was 5'11 before we saw all of that. lol just saying, we got too many height lovers on this site.

I get it though, even our Head Coach love size(no pause).... Just saying.
If you’re going to be a sub 6’0 Corner you have to be a skilled in coverage or have elite traits that make up for it.

You can’t be a viable CB being short AND slow AND lacking coverage skills.

Height doesn’t necessarily preclude you from being a bad CB, but it’s an ideal; that doesn’t mean that every CB has to be 6’0 & higher, there’s plenty of smaller Corners who are very good in coverage, but it’s not the IDEAL physical prerequisite you’d want to have if you’re scouting a CB.

Like for instance, Malek Young was 5’8 but an absolute Pitbull in coverage, hence why despite his size he could play Outside & hold his own; but then you have a kid like Te’Cory Couch who is 5’9/5’10 & struggles immensely in coverage because he has poor technique coupled with not very good traits.

The same goes for taller CB’s who are are slow & can’t cover; it’s not the Height that determines the ability, but if you’re scouting/recruiting a CB you start with the Ideal H/W physical frame & then work your way back on the checklist.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back