Huge misconception on Josh Jobe eligibility?

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

It makes no sense to me how he wouldn't be able to play next year....

The cut off date is 19 years and 9 months of age for FHSAA. Jobe would not hit that until January of 2018.

He would be eligible all of next season, unless the rules have changed.... Someone has completely misinformed him.

Advertisement
no, he's older than that. He should have actually been in the 2016 class. .. this is 100% his last season

Every college is aware and Columbus has been setting him up for this for two years.

Good lord. The kid is gonna be 21 as a freshman? You have to question if he is close to maxing out on his potential. Nit saying not to take him but it has to cross your mind with his age

no, he's older than that. He should have actually been in the 2016 class. .. this is 100% his last season

Every college is aware and Columbus has been setting him up for this for two years.

Is he not giving his correct age? Everywhere I've seen he's mentioned he is 18.

No wonder he looks so good against 16-17 year olds. Lmao at being held back two years, he's a real scholar I see.

Advertisement
Good lord. The kid is gonna be 21 as a freshman? You have to question if he is close to maxing out on his potential. Nit saying not to take him but it has to cross your mind with his age

Not exactly sure what the whole argument about reaching potential is? I remember a ton of people saying the same **** about Ridley (only when we lost him) that he was maxed out, playing with younger kids blah blah. Look at him now. If the kid is a grown man as a freshman why wouldn't we take him when we need kids to make immediate impact and his body is 3 years more developed then a true frosh - 18 yr old kid.

Last edited:

like key benjamin right?

Advertisement

Not exactly sure what the whole argument about reaching potential is? I remember a ton of people saying the same **** about Ridley (only when we lost him) that he was maxed out, playing with younger kids blah blah. Look at him now. If the kid is a grown man as a freshman why wouldn't we take him when we need kids to make immediate impact and his body is 3 years more developed then a true frosh - 18 yr old kid.

I don't believe that maxing out argument. If that were true, you would not see players improve at all in the NFL

They were saying that about his brother not calvin if im not mistaken

Advertisement

I was thinking the same thing about maxed ability/potential as compared to some kid who is actually 17/18 who looks "inferior" in speed, size, athletic ability but has a lot of room to grow and may be as good or possibly better if the age discrepancy is considered. Heck some guys graduating and entering the NFL Combine are 21 years old

At the NFL level most people do not get faster and quicker they may get stronger as strength tends to preceed speed as the NFL S&C programs are superior to most college programs. They usually improve in the NFL due to more detailed coaching of their preexisting skills.

Was not that Tyler Bird quite "old" when he went to Tenn?

Last edited:

Is he not giving his correct age? Everywhere I've seen he's mentioned he is 18.[/QUOTE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ages range all over the place here are a few examples---

From last year-June 24, 2015

"The sophomore already has a pretty good build, and obviously, he’s still growing because 16 years he’s no more than of age, which is crazy. Jobe stands at 6’1 180 according to his HUDL page, which is even crazier for a kid that age."

https://caneswarning.com/2015/06/14/miami-hurricanes-recruiting-2018-db-josh-jobe-commits-to-miami/
------------------------------------------
Josh Jobe, Columbus, Cornerback

18 years 7 months--from recently this year on 247

Last edited:

Is he not giving his correct age? Everywhere I've seen he's mentioned he is 18.

Talked with a CCHS coach a few weeks ago about him. He either goes to a prep school next year or he stays at CCHS and they watch over him and make sure his grades are right. The coaches at Columbus want him to stay b/c they really care about him and want him to succeed.

Advertisement

They were saying that about his brother not calvin if im not mistaken

Maybe it was his brother, but either way, the maxing out argument only comes out when people think the kid goes elsewhere. It's just fans trying to tell themselves the kid is going to suck when in reality it doesn't matter and in most cases is better. Why would anyone not want a grown man coming in as a freshman with 5 star talent ready to make immediate impact.

I have never understood it either. If anything, I want the kids we take to be a bit older. It means they should be more ready to contribute immediately. I care about how well they do at the University of Miami. What they do in the Pros is secondary.

I have never understood it either. If anything, I want the kids we take to be a bit older. It means they should be more ready to contribute immediately. I care about how well they do at the University of Miami. What they do in the Pros is secondary.

Agreed. This is the perfect counter argument and it has never been refuted. Everyone on this board should have one ultimate goal - seeing the University of Miami excel. NFL success is secondary. Who cares if one of our guys comes in at 20 as a freshman. He is still competing against 19-23 year olds anyway.

Shouldn't you be answering these types of questions for the rest of us?

When will Jobe be eligible to enroll at Miami and play football?

Advertisement
Back