Brian Polendey

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
Now I don't want to bash this kid cause he has been a solid commitment from the start. But I'm starting to question this staff's TE recruiting ability.

Why not look at Kemore Gamble at Southridge who seems to be a more athletic and more of a traditional Miami TE?

"TE: Brian Polendey – Guyer was forced to start Oklahoma State safety commit Thabo Mwaniki at quarterback because of injury, which meant that Polendey served primarily in a blocking role for the Wildcats in a 35-23 win over Wylie. He did catch one pass for 9 yards and now has 59 receiving yards and a touchdown to his credit this season."

One thing I think Golden and staff did well was recruit TEs or maybe they got lucky.

Advertisement
Now I don't want to bash this kid cause he has been a solid commitment from the start. But I'm starting to question this staff's TE recruiting ability.

Why not look at Kemore Gamble at Southridge who seems to be a more athletic and more of a traditional Miami TE?

"TE: Brian Polendey – Guyer was forced to start Oklahoma State safety commit Thabo Mwaniki at quarterback because of injury, which meant that Polendey served primarily in a blocking role for the Wildcats in a 35-23 win over Wylie. He did catch one pass for 9 yards and now has 59 receiving yards and a touchdown to his credit this season."

One thing I think Golden and staff did well was recruit TEs or maybe they got lucky.

I've thought the same thing, but admittingly I've never seen the kid's film. And yeah, Golden can be blamed for quite a bit, but he nailed it with TE recruiting, one of the few bright points of his tenure.

Larry Scott was a solid position coach and it showed in his recruiting as well

I feel you on this. I think he's just on a team who runs all the time. Let this sink in. Brett Farve through less than ten passes a season over his high school career. His dad ran option. I'm not saying it's apples to apples. Just a thought.

I've thought the same thing, but admittingly I've never seen the kid's film. And yeah, Golden can be blamed for quite a bit, but he nailed it with TE recruiting, one of the few bright points of his tenure.

Hence why hes now a TE coach! Could Golden be a TE whisperer?

Advertisement

Guyer runs the ball literally 95% of the time. They attempt less than 10 passes per game. Gamble is a tweener and doesn't offer anything different than Irvin, Haskins, Njoku, Herndon. Polendy is good compliment to roster as an experienced blocker. Something the other TE's don't specialize in. If Haskins continues to **** up off the field i'm sure they'll reach out for another TE. They've had increased contact with McKitty recently and they've had contact with several top national TE prospects for 2018.

Mustapha Muhammad, Ridge Point, Tight End
Brevin Jordan, Bishop Gorman, Tight End
Will Mallory, Providence, Tight End

Guyer runs the ball literally 95% of the time. They attempt less than 10 passes per game. Gamble is a tweener and doesn't offer anything different than Irvin, Haskins, Njoku, Herndon. Polendy is good compliment to roster as an experienced blocker. Something the other TE's don't specialize in. If Haskins continues to **** up off the field i'm sure they'll reach out for another TE. They've had increased contact with McKitty recently and they've had contact with several top national TE prospects for 2018.

Mustapha Muhammad, Ridge Point, Tight End
Brevin Jordan, Bishop Gorman, Tight End
Will Mallory, Providence, Tight End

A voice of reason. Thank you.

Go Canes!

You don't have a power run game without guys like this . Just look at what we have a te now, it's majority tweeners. Good luck blocking DL off the ball with that

Advertisement

I doubt he has a tight end tho o boy went to penn state

Think his recruitment shows Richt's intentions of staying committed to a pro-style offense. He's a traditional TE, but one of the better ones. (Harbaugh offered him at Michigan)

Larry Scott was a solid position coach and it showed in his recruiting as well

Yeah, I probably should've explained further a bit. But yeah, Larry Scott's sound recruitment of the position falls under the Golden umbrella. I hate Golden with a passion, but the TE position wasn't a constant disappointment; but rather the silver lining to often dark times.

Advertisement
They don't want Gamble, McKitty is the only TE they are after in this class besides Polendey.

And maybe you haven't taken a look at the roster in a while, but the staff is fairly set at TE, which is why they're only going after 1 for this class.

They're recruiting 2018 TE's much harder than the 2017 kids, they've already offered at least 4-5 TE's for 2018 & are in great position to land at least two of them.

We just signed two athletic, pass catching TE's in Irvin and Haskins. We are after McKitty. The whining on this board is beyond annoying.

Advertisement

And we took a WR that only had 427 yards his senior year....

This is a position of need, we have plenty of ++ athletes both on the roster and available at the tight end position, we need an experienced blocking tight end.

Can't complain about protection and run blocking out of one side of your moth then only want kids who can win a jump ball out of the other.

I doubt he has a tight end tho o boy went to penn state

Now that's what you call double innuendo! Ha

Advertisement
Back