Recap: Help! Notre Dame Wins 41-3
So pathetic. How pathetic? I'm sure you already know.
Let Tim Reynolds and Manny Navarro give you some stats:
Here's what I said were the keys to victory in the gameday post:
4 storylines for UM in this game:
1. Can Morris take advantage of Notre Dame's secondary?
2. Will the offense continue to make big plays?
3. Can the offensive line hold up against Notre Dame's front seven?
4. Will the team perform under the bright lights?
1. He had Dorsett open 3 times for big plays and Dorsett dropped all 3. Embarrassing.
2. **** No.
3. They were able to get pressure all game, especially in the 2nd half. Didn't matter. This game was over after the 1st series.
The game started out with UM receiving the opening kickoff. First play from scrimmage was a well drawn out play fake by Morris, He finds Dorsett running a deep post behind the secondary and the ball lands on his fucking shoulder pads and hits the ground. Gif that summed up this play:
That was the ballgame as far as I was concerned. You don't win games like that when you're a two touchdown underdog on the road against a team ranked in the top 10.
I'll end it here with what I want to say to Mark D'Onofrio right now.