Official Womens Basketball Head Coach (Tricia Cullop official)

Advertisement
And TCU just added Hailey Van Lith from LSU earlier today so I definitely thought that Cavinder would stay to play with her. Anyway good news for us, now go out and get some quality bigs.
Probably because Cavinder let them know she was leaving. I actually like Haley more. Better shooter.

Schemes… interesting choice of words
I'm quite sure they are already seeing people, you don't have to cape for them that hard. Let's be honest, the Cavinder twins are an entity where you have one solid, dedicated basketball player, and one that plays because the money is better than practically any other field she could get into. I'm happy that Miami is able to get a starting quality ACC guard out of the duo, I feel for Haley though. She would have been a valuable part of the rotation last year(You add her productivity on the roster, there's no way that team gets aced out of the NCAAT), now she's part of a rebuild, all because her sister wouldn't do her a solid.

Oh well, I hope Cullop is able to get some bigs, and fill out this roster. Can't afford to take a step back from where Coach Meier had the program. Tough enough as is when things are going well, this program can become irrelevant quickly if it isn't at least a solid bubble team.

Have a good friend who played at Bowling Green(was recruited by Cullop) and she said this is an awesome hire and if she brings most of her staff with her it’s even better and potentially sets Miami up for 20 years because her assistant is a star in the making (but she might get the Toledo job)
That's what I'm thinking as well.

Yep, let's get someone without any HC experience, merely because they happen to work under a legend. Yep, that works out more often than not. Oh wait, It doesn't. It's rare that these assistants turn out to be anything of note, because a lot of their success is the legend doing legend stuff. The Belichick tree rings a bell? Some of the better coaching trees, outside of some outliers are solid coaches that happen to have a great eye for talent. Few legends have great trees, regardless of sport.

Too many good coaches with HC experience to roll the dice on an assistant. Miami made a high floor, low ceiling hire. Worst case scenario, you get a competent, competitive program led by someone that is extremely similar to Katie Meier. Best case scenario, Miami found a coach that thrives with additional resources, resources she wasn't getting at Toledo. Considering that most of our fans won't give a crap either way, this is a solid hire. I also wouldn't be shocked if Miami tried to swing for the fences and came up short. Smesko was apparently a candidate, he is **** good. We don't know who else was interested. Judging from who some legit blue bloods hired, lots of top end names aren't interested in moving.
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Advertisement
No they haven't. If they didn't sit out last year it would be
The announcement said "final and 5th year".... people here are intentionally confused...

Glad they are back. Now fill out the roster to get back to the dance.

Advertisement

13/10 at Wichita this year. Two years of eligibility.

Rebounding support will be needed. Still want more bigs, but at least Coach Cullop is working the portal. Wonder whether Spearman considers coming back, she has a "Do Not Contact" in the portal, haven't heard about any visits. Maybe Cullop sells her on coming back. I will say this, Miami could use another athletic big.

Spearman to Tennessee
Day-Wilson to LSU

Tough losses, but at least I can justify these departures. You are playing for either a legendary coach or a big name program. That said, it's amazing how Meier held this roster together, the moment she announced her retirement, everyone bailed. Unfortunately, that is the world we live in, and while I am in favor of athlete empowerment, it's tough to see players change schools every year.

Advertisement
Back