Coaching Wisconsin spurns Leonhard, hiring Fickell as HC

I read he didn’t want to leave during the CFP run. Thought ND would wait and they didn’t, so he adjusted his timeline this coaching carousel. Either way he’s only gonna stay there as long as Day stays at OSU.
He’s getting between $8-9mm a year

That’s a giant step up for UW…. When he builds out his staff that’ll tell how committed they are

Advertisement
He’s getting between $8-9mm a year

That’s a giant step up for UW…. When he builds out his staff that’ll tell how committed they are
It’s a home run hire for Wisconsin. I’m sure he probably got whatever he wanted to come there. Once that new TV deal kicks in money won’t be an issue. This hire makes me believe he would’ve taken ND if he actually talked to them seriously.

I read he didn’t want to leave during the CFP run. Thought ND would wait and they didn’t, so he adjusted his timeline this coaching carousel. Either way he’s only gonna stay there as long as Day stays at OSU.
Yea it was definitely horrible timing for him last year during the coaching carousel, and he's definitely next in like after Ryan Day that's a fact

Lol didn't Fickell say he was turning down Norte Dame earlier because he said he wanted to stay with Cincinnati for life, now he's going to a low Wisconsin program lol

He married the mid 6 wife that cooks and clean vs the high 8 gold digger type. He played the long game.

Advertisement
Yea it was definitely horrible timing for him last year during the coaching carousel, and he's definitely next in like after Ryan Day that's a fact
I wonder if he’d jump this offseason if Day goes for a NFL job. Seems like OSU fans may be turning on him. Scummy thing to do but everyone’s got that one job.

Leonard is a Dave Aranda disciple. Tite front 3-4. So the gurus on CIS will not let him come here.
Lol no he isnt. He never worked with aranda. He went to Wisconsin a year after aranda left. He is probably running what he learned playing for Rex Ryan his whole career

Advertisement
lol I didn't even know Chryst was fired over there. ****, wasn't he doing a good job over there? His overall record at Wisconsin is 67–26

One problem with Leonhard as DC. He may want to bring UW’s Inside LBs corch.

Mark D’Onofrio

Deal Breaker

1669615713696.jpeg

Advertisement
My guess for Wisconsin going Fickell over Leonhard is that with USC/UCLA (and likely a few other) PAC12 schools coming on board soon they want a proven commodity/program builder at HC, not a 1st time who will be learning on the job. They (Wisconsin) don't want to be left behind so they realized the time is now to invest heavily into the program.

Advertisement
Wait is this real? 😂😂 Jesus, would love to have "best safety we coached was a 4.6" back on staff. 😂 what's scary is we had more talent that actually translated to the nfl back then

Advertisement
Back