Coaching When is Manuela Released?

When Is Manuela Released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Have you seen any growth over the last 5 games? I get it we lost to FSU, is there anything else that sticks out to you over that stretch?
Absolutely nothing stands out close to giving up 4th and 14 and then insisting on an impossible goal-line stand instead of conceding the points and getting the ball back, in order to lose to a Godawful FSU team with key recruits looking on. That's really the ONLY thing that sticks out.

A 1st round QB that wouldn't have seen the field if King had stayed healthy?
And you know this how? Manny hurt a lot of under performing players feelings this year. It was a learning thing.

Why wouldn't he hurt DK? Maybe when DK got healthier he could have put up some good numbers himself.

This all speculation.

Absolutely nothing stands out close to giving up 4th and 14 and then insisting on an impossible goal-line stand instead of conceding the points and getting the ball back, in order to lose to a Godawful FSU team with key recruits looking on. That's really the ONLY thing that sticks out.
1 play in 5 games? LOL!!

Its a wonder somebody hasn't called you for a AD job.

Advertisement
Have you seen any growth over the last 5 games? I get it we lost to FSU, is there anything else that sticks out to you over that stretch?
Yes, a continuation of terrible tackling and defensive players looking confused and unaware of basic lane/gap control and setting edges. Today was the first game they didn't look confused, vut Duke's offense is by far the worst we faced all year other than CCSU.

I know we are not a fan of Manny, lol. But if I’m him, it’s no way I’m sticking around until end of December, missing possibly getting at least a DC job somewhere else and living with the BS over my head. I’d probably tell them to go ahead and fire me.

Hopefully he forces their hand and he’s out! Wishful thinking lol
Why do you think he’s in a rush to get a defensive coordinator job went all these gonna do is offset the salary he’s already going to make mini he’s not going to make an additional dime

1 play in 5 games? LOL!!

Its a wonder somebody hasn't called you for a AD job.
Stop pretending it's only about the FSU game. We are again, in Diaz's 3rd year as HC and longer as DC, among the bottom of all FBS teams in missed tackles and defensive penalties

Advertisement
The longer we wait the less desirables candidates will be available
That is not how any of this works. Can we stop with the delusion that you have to let go of your coach before you’re an active conversations with Agents and other coaches through off the radar conversations.

Some of you must think all the good jobs are posted on LinkedIn and indeed

Yes, a continuation of terrible tackling and defensive players looking confused and unaware of basic lane/gap control and setting edges. Today was the first game they didn't look confused, vut Duke's offense is by far the worst we faced all year other than CCSU.
The canes are 5-1 in their last 6.

That was the correct answer. You failed.

Advertisement
Manny’s overall body of work is not impressive. Sure, there’s been some good wins and he’s done some good things in the off season, but overall, the negatives outweigh the positives.
Not to sound like a dïck but can you name the "good wins" cause I don't recall them

The canes are 5-1 in their last 6.

That was the correct answer. You failed.
We played crappy teams and barely scraped by every one until today. If you think 3 years of being near the bottom of FBS in missed tackles is ok, or "progress", if you think being among the worst in penalties is ok or progress, you are clueless.

Advertisement
Stop pretending it's only about the FSU game. We are again, in Diaz's 3rd year as HC and longer as DC, among the bottom of all FBS teams in missed tackles and defensive penalties
You're not following the discussion, I never said it was about FSU. That's the other guy who pointed to a small series of plays. OldHam also wants Manny gone too. Maybe you guys should get your story's together.

My guess is the AD search won't be completed for another week or two, and at that point they will probably just wait until after signing day. I could even see him coaching the bowl game depending on how late in December it is.

I don't know when the buyout reduction thresholds are for Manny or anyone we are after but I think those may have some timing implications if they are significant.

The wildcard for me is if the admin gets the sense that Mario is seriously entertaining an offer from one of the openings that spurs us to get off our *** on this.
The AD will be announced by Tuesday or it will be an epic failure. Moves are being made and now isn’t the time to be rudderless.

Advertisement
Back